Post by rickyy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi,

I need to setup a UK only delivery option where certain postcode areas have a surcharge on the standard delivery cost. I also need to exclude some areas from delivery.

e.g. Highlands and Islands Postcodes with an order value of £0-£149.99 delivery is £7.75 + a £10.20 surchage taking the total to £17.95.
Isle of Wight need to say something like: Please contact us to confirm your delivery cost and place your order.

Is this possible either out of the box or via a module?

My Balance Now

Thanks

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:26 pm

You'll need an extension to do this. For both total + postcode requirements, Formula-Based Shipping should work for you. If your normal rate is 7.75 and the Highlands/Islands area is charged an additional 10.20, you'd set it up like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHARGE #1
Title: Standard Shipping
Group: A
Charge Type: Total
Charge Field: 10-149.99 = 7.75

CHARGE #2
Title: Highlands & Islands Surcharge
Group: B
Charge Type: Total
Charge Field: 10-149.99 = 10.20
Rule: Postcode is IV1-IV99, PH30-PH34, etc.
CHARGE COMBINATION #1
Sort Order: 1
Title Combination: Combined Title, With Prices
Groups Required: (leave this field blank)
Formula: SUM(A, B)

Any areas you don't specify will not have shipping, so if you want to exclude some areas you can do that by using "Postcode" rules on the charges. Similarly, if you need to change the shipping cost based on total, you can do that in the Charges box (if the charge type is "Total") or using "Total" rules on the charge if it's some other type of charge.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator