Post by vapestore » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello guys, I need some help, please. I’m upgrading my existing website to the latest version (not 2.0 yet), installing a new theme and revising all the products and the images.

Inside the public_html directory of my website (currently running on OpenCart 1.5.5.1) I’ve created a new directory called newsite. Within this directory I’ve installed the latest version of OpenCart 1.5.6.4, the new theme for the website, and re-entered all products and images. A huge job that I do not wish to mess up at this stage!!

What I would like to know is how to import to the new website the customer’s orders and product’s reviews left by customers.
I believe this can be done by exporting the appropriate tables via phpMyAdmin and replacing them with the ones from the new website but because I’m very unfamiliar with this backend on the server, it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Africa's largest selection of herbal vaporizers. Be wise, Vaporize!

Post by tacobandito » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:56 am

Here's what I would suggest...

Make a file and DB clone of your existing website, and reinstall in the subdirectory /new-shop/ or whatever you want to use. Be sure that this is on it's own DB (a carbon copy of what you have, but still seperate), then follow the steps to upgrade a store from 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6.4. Once that's done, check for errors, and then move to replace your current website. Doing it in this way will allow you to avoid having to manually migrate products and orders.

I guess the other question would be WHY you'd want to upgrade? The only significant difference that I'm aware of between 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 was the inclusion of recurring payments functionality. If you don't intend to use that, I'm curious as to your reasoning.

[module] PayPal Pro w/Recurring Profiles FREE
[module] 1 Click "Amazon Style" Checkout w/PayPal Pro FREE
[module] Adjustable PayPal Pro Fee FREE
[module] Add Sample To Cart LITE FREE
The guide to fixing just about everything wrong with OpenCart FREE!
Add INFINITE SCROLL to your homepage for FREE!
Live update product price for FREE!
Dynamic generation of Opencart coupon, FREE!
Hire me

Location - Springfield, MA

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:09 pm

You can try Cart2Cart for that purpose. You will be able to import your orders and reviews from 1.5.5.1 to 1.5.6.4 automatically. More detailed info you can find here http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/ ... 7-opencart
Best Regards,
Cart2Cart Team

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart

Post by victorj » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 am

You also could make a copie of your 1.5.5.1 databse and use the 1.5.6.4 ugrade function to upgrade database, and all product customers orders review should be there.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland