Post by tantadruj » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:59 pm

I learned how to change admin folder name in Opencart in config file. So imple. But for vQmod users the post say:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are using vQmod, you will have to update the pathReplaces.php file, located in the /vqmod directory. The code to rename the ‘admin’ folder should already be there. It would be similar to the code shown below:

$replaces[] = array('~^admin\b~', 'backend');

Replace the word backend with the new folder name we have chosen in the above steps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I have integrated vQmod instaled. No vqmod directory or folder. Just 4 files: 2 twig and 2 php. (integrated_vQmod.php . Where I can find the pathReplaces. php? Or for the vQmod , integrated as a module this path modification is not necessary?

Tnx in advance

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:20 pm

But why do you want to change the .../admin/... name ? You will only end up with a whole bunch
of Problems, and nobody is going to help you, I assume. :crazy:
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by tantadruj » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:12 pm

But why do you want to change the .../admin/... name ? You will only end up with a whole bunch
of Problems, and nobody is going to help you, I assume. :crazy:
Ernie

Since OpenCart is open source it can be a target for hackers since they already know the basic file structure and how the core code works. One of the easiest methods of securing your OpenCart dashboard is to rename the /admin/ folder.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:08 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by tantadruj » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:36 pm

I found a few post on this forum about it. Nobody say that this is wrong, just how to do it and must do it. So, I as a totaly new in this take it for good. Now, or delete this post or comment it as wrong. So how I can protect my site from hackers? it's an opencart forum. i am not writing here to listen to how stupid i am but because i know this, i don't know anything about opencart and i am looking for accurate information from those who know.
Tnx
So, how can I protect the site?

Post by tantadruj » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Opencart documentation/Resources/Developer/Admin interface/ Basic security practices
http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/administration/security/

?????????

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:42 pm

But I have integrated vQmod instaled. No vqmod directory or folder. Just 4 files: 2 twig and 2 php. (integrated_vQmod.php . Where I can find the pathReplaces. php? Or for the vQmod , integrated as a module this path modification is not necessary?
It's not necessary. The only optional extra folder is 'vqmod/xml' if you want to store your XML files in there. Other than that, the Integrated VQmod works like OCmod, in fact, it's a modifed OCmod to add support for VQmod XML-syntax. After a 3rd party extension has been uploaded/installed, just go to the admin backend at 'Extensions > Modifications' and do a Refresh. All modifications will be cached in the DIR_MODIFICATION (e.g. system/storage/modification/)

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by tantadruj » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Thank you JNeuhoff for your reply. :)