Post by Sidecutter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 am

I'm using a test cart right now while I work out all the mods I want to use and poke at formatting options, get the feel of the admin interface, etc. Some links work, some don't and there seems to be no logic at all to it. It doesn't seem to matter if they have a SEO term in the data. For instance, my Test Product I added has an SEO word, but still doesn't work. I did search but havn't found anything quite like this issue.

I did rename the .HTACCESS file correctly, there's no leftover dot at the end for example. AND SEO is enabled in the cart settings.

captured.server270.com/opencart is my test address

Another example: Most of the information pages work. But a few don't, despite having the keyword entered. Likewise, the HP LP3065 works. But Test Product 1 does not.

EDIT: The homepage seems to work with SEO, obviously. Items with an actual SEO keyword however seem to be what is not working, for instance, my test item, and the iPod Classic, which have a SEO Keyword assigned, both 404 when clicked. As does my added FAQ information page. But items like the Vaio laptop and information pages without a keyword work just fine. That seems backwards somehow.

Post by Moggin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:40 am

This may fix it
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 622#p86745
- if not, please post again

Post by Sidecutter » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 am

Nope, close but I don't think that will fix it, I saw that one before. I may be wrong, so here's the setup so someone more knowledgeable can tell me if this matters:

.htaccess is in the Opencart folder along with the cart, so as far as both are concerned, opencart is their root folder. That would eliminate the need to tell .htaccess to look further in like that thread shows before starting, wouldn't it? It looks like this:

------WWW (I have no choice, this is where everything has to go)
---------OPENCART
------------.htaccess file
------------Admin Folder
------------Catalog Folder
------------(etcetera, all the other folders and files for opencart are all here too)

Captured.server270.com is NOT the final domain name of course, but I can't set that up until I'm ready to turn the key on my final install since I have a live shop to keep working with in the meantime. This is also not the final folder, but I don't think that would matter since it's all supposed to use relative links.

Post by Sidecutter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

Well, changing the rewritebase did it, but I don't understand why. Can someone explain why this would be necessary if the .htaccess and store files all live in the same folder together?