Post by i2iopticians » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:15 am

Hi OC,

In 1.5.1.1, there is a small grammatical error whenever a product is viewed. Where you see the description and specifications, specification should be changed to specifications. Also, at the top of the page under the search bar, it says "Welcome visitor you can login or create an account", when it really should be either (1) Welcome visitor. You can login or create an account. or (2) Welcome visitor! You can login or create an account.

Thanks!

Post by Moggin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 am

i2iopticians wrote:Hi OC,

In 1.5.1.1, there is a small grammatical error whenever a product is viewed. Where you see the description and specifications, specification should be changed to specifications. Also, at the top of the page under the search bar, it says "Welcome visitor you can login or create an account", when it really should be either (1) Welcome visitor. You can login or create an account. or (2) Welcome visitor! You can login or create an account.

Thanks!
or, if you're really, really picky: 'Welcome, visitor. You can login, or create an account.' :D

You can edit the entry in the file catalog/language/english/common/header.php to change this if you wish (though I'm not sure if that's what you meant)

Post by i2iopticians » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 am

Moggin wrote:
i2iopticians wrote:Hi OC,

Thanks!
or, if you're really, really picky: 'Welcome, visitor. You can login, or create an account.' :D

You can edit the entry in the file catalog/language/english/common/header.php to change this if you wish (though I'm not sure if that's what you meant)
Thanks! That was what I wanted... I am not picky, however I do want to have a professional site :) What about changing specification to specifications (plural of specification... LOL)???

Post by Moggin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Quite right... I'm not picky, so much as ruthless about that :)

...'Specification' can be amended in catalog/language/english/product/product.php.

If you wanted to give your customer-facing messages a really thorough makeover, you could go through the language files located at catalog/language/english/<folder>/<file>. Among other things, I added 'sorry' and 'please re-try' to the error messages (very British)... :D

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 pm

I did the above Cart to Basket, Specification to Item Specifics

Welcome, please login or create an account.

Also the order status 'canceled' I will change to 'cancelled' but this is done via admin->system->localisation->order statuses

However, i need to check the order processing code to make sure this status isn't for some reason referenced by it's name

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by i2iopticians » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Moggin wrote:Quite right... I'm not picky, so much as ruthless about that :)

...'Specification' can be amended in catalog/language/english/product/product.php.

If you wanted to give your customer-facing messages a really thorough makeover, you could go through the language files located at catalog/language/english/<folder>/<file>. Among other things, I added 'sorry' and 'please re-try' to the error messages (very British)... :D
Thanks Moggin! and thanks uksitebuilder for letting me know about that cancelled word. I am in Canada, therefore I prefer the Canadian/British spelling :)

Post by SapporoGuy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:22 pm

muwahah :laugh:
Daniel is British. I'm not sure if he's English or not.

Just for reference, current British spelling is based on French :o
The bloody Yanks kept the original Queen's spelling ;)

930sc ... because it is fun!

Post by i2iopticians » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 pm

SapporoGuy wrote:muwahah :laugh:
Daniel is British. I'm not sure if he's English or not.

Just for reference, current British spelling is based on French :o
The bloody Yanks kept the original Queen's spelling ;)
Cool :) Nice to know that... Thanks!

Post by mberlant » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 pm

While we are at it, "login" is a noun and "log in" is the verb form. You cannot "login" to anything -- you must "log in".

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by rph » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 am

There are a number of little mistakes like that. "SEO URL's" has been wrong for ages.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska