Post by portmaccer » Fri May 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi

Installed Open Cart Version 1.5.2.1 and would like to display product prices at the amount I entered and not the price with tax deducted. For example, I added a product for $1.95 and I want it displayed as $1.95 and NOT $1.91

I have followed various guides I found on the forum on how to fix it and have tried a variety of combinations of settings in SYSTEM>SETTINGS>ETC AND SYSTEM>LOCALIZATION>ETC but can't fix it.

Interestingly when I first installed the cart and ran some test products, everything was just right.

BTW, I only sell downloadable products.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

portmaccer

Post by jty » Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 am

have you looked in admin > systems > settings > [option tab]
there's a setting named Display prices with Taxes

I'm not familiar with tax being "deducted", I only know tax to be "added" but you can just switch the numbers you input to achieve the desired effect.

jty

Post by portmaccer » Sun May 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks jty for your time, but that's not working. At least, not the way I would like.

We work with GST in Australia and I want to display the prices inclusive of the 10% GST tax, but the only way I can do that is to do some multiple decimal point calculations to derive the tax free price (to enter into the price field in the product data) so that by the time the system adds the GST 10% it comes out exactly right. As it were, this is pretty darn tricky as the inclusive tax price wants to show as, for example, $3.01 rather than $3.00

I use Prestashop on another site and no such issues. I simply don't add tax in the system and whatever price I enter for the product, that's what is shown in the site.

Ideally, I want to be able to enter the product price, say $2.95 and have it display in the site as $2.95.

portmaccer

Post by slingeraap » Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

Hmmm, strange. I have the global option 'Display prices with taxes' set to 'Yes'.

BUt when i fill in a price excl. BTW (as it by OpenCart should be (although i also preview entering the prices including tax)), it even deducts the tax from the price i filled in. For example, when i fill in 39.95 and this taxable good has a percentage of 19% VAT, it displays a price of 31.93 in the front end of the shop. This 31.93 i can not reproduce either, because when you multiply this with 1.19 you get 37.9967 or 38.00 rounded. So what happened to the 39.95 i filled in?

I think something goes wrong here... I'm using OpenCart 1.5.3.1

Post by djcraig49 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi there,

I just ran into this problem as well.

Go to System > Localisation > Currencies and set your default currency value to 1 rather than 0.xxx

Craig

Post by slingeraap » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 am

Thanks djcraig49, that was it. :)

And in the meantime let's wait for a future version of OC where we can enter prices including VAT...

Post by iheve » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 am

Recently I needed to implement the collection of taxes, but what I have seen - and I can not resolve - that is to finalize the application calculates the OC tax including shipping fees, when I need it focuses only on the value of the product .

How to solve this??
I use OC 1.4.9.5

Thanks

Post by slingeraap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 pm

@ portmaccer: It is not possible yet. The only way to do it is to turn off all taxes in the shop and have another system with the prices next to it with the right VAT to make proper invoices without using OpenCart for that.

It is really a pain in the ass to have a calculator next to you when filling in products and to round each product price properly in 4 decimals. Over and over for each product again. Here in the Netherlands we go from 19% VAT to 21% VAT. Normally I wanted to fill in prices including VAT like € 39,95. But for all the products, I needed to round their prices excluding VAT in 4 decimals! Took me 10 times more time than filling in the price including VAT. Now with the 2% VAT increase, I must do this for all my products again! Because the price for the consumers stays ofcourse € 39,95 and not € 40,75. It is horrible! I didn't want to have to do this but now I have to do it twice. Takes me 20 times more time.

I know there is a paid extension which calculates the 4 decimals with an extra field next to it, but it should just not be the way to do it. For example, when the VAT changes a bit but the price for the consumer stays the same, like above.

It could be so simple. OC, just make a global option to fill in prices including VAT.

From now, I only ecommend OC for sellers that want to display their prices excluding VAT. For normal shop owners that sell to normal consumers, aka everyone who needs to display including VAT, i recommenend using other e-commerce software.

Post by imsir » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 am

I made a vqmod extension for this problem. You can now enter the price of product, which will be counted as price WITH tax. Therefore you will have displayed full price(with tax) in front-end and under full price there will be price without tax. Which means that you don't need to calculate price without tax to enter it when you are adding the product into the sytsem.

Can someone explain me how can I upload my extensions to extensions?

Meanwhile you can download extension here. Just put it in your vqmod/xml/ folder.

http://rapidshare.com/files/401061451/tax.xml

Post by ms3d94 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 am

Hi, I cant seem to download the file, have you uploaded it to opencart extensions yet?

Post by daniel2008 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:35 am

Hi imsir,

I've read your post below and the extension is what I want
from your picture attached. I'm using V15x.

I've uploaded it to the xml folder but nothing changed.
Would you please explain it in more details? Thanks,

http://www.smartebuy.com.au/ http://www.myleathers.com.au/ http://www.cctv4oz.com.au/ http://www.origreen.com.au/