Post by vannikong » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Hello everyone. I am writing this post for several puzzles that I have. I tested the upgrade locally today and some error happened during the process but after searching the internet, I manage to finish it. I will list my puzzles now

1, Upgrading will overwrite the core files indeed, as I modified some core files.(but will not overwrite the files that does not exist in the default upload, say:some new module I installed),,is this correct?
2, As stated above, can I install the latest OC and then restore the backup database, install the additional module and whatever.Is this the same way of upgrading.
3, Upgrading will cause many changes to the old website, the latest OC disable the -1 function to invisible in the information module.
4,When I finished the upgrading, the check out page still has 6 steps, not like the domo site, I even replaced all the checkout files, still has 6 steps.

Thanks for any replies!!!

Happy Halloween!!! :)

electronic cigarette e-liquid

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

vannikong wrote: 2, As stated above, can I install the latest OC and then restore the backup database, install the additional module and whatever.Is this the same way of upgrading.
This won't work, as there are some changes in the database if I remember it correctly.

Override Engine * Integrated VQMod * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Rich Snippets * Google Tag Manager * Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Survey Plus

Expert Member

Post by vannikong » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:40 pm

yes, I just tired, won't work,

Post by vannikong » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 pm

a little weird , the check out page, sometime 6 steps, but after I refresh, 3 steps, like the demo site, I don;t why?