Post by lz1nud » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:03 am

In OC 2.0 there is one new line in product description called - meta tag title. Is this the same as "product name"? or the two fields must have different text?

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:41 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Elektra » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 am

Hi, I also have a question about 'meta tag title'.

It is mandatory yet doesn't seem to add value to SEO.

Can someone explain what this field is for?

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Elektra » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks for the explanation.

However, why don't I see the text of the Title tag on the product pages? According to the SEO explanation, this should be viewable in the address bar on the browser but my product pages only show the ID and path, not the product name I've used as the Title tag.

Thanks for any further help.

Post by straightlight » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:40 am

Elektra wrote:Thanks for the explanation.

However, why don't I see the text of the Title tag on the product pages? According to the SEO explanation, this should be viewable in the address bar on the browser but my product pages only show the ID and path, not the product name I've used as the Title tag.

Thanks for any further help.
That methodology is called URL rewrite which Opencart already uses by default, as well as other available extensions, which is called: SEO links. Opencart out of the box does not deliver SEO links from any page. To enable this setting, it needs to be done under the admin end from the extensions or by installing contributions that would match your specific needs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Elektra » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:53 am

Thanks v much!

Post by JuJue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Excuse me if I hijack this topic but in my search for what I wanted to achieve, this topic comes closest (least among what I found).

Categories, Product Pages, they all use the "Product Name" to display initial info.
What I wanted to do is, keep product name simple, short and then add the "meta tag title" beneath, as additional info.
I tried to do that by altering the relevant "twig(s)" where I added {{ product.meta_tag_title}}, either next to {{product.name}}, or as a new line. (<p>...</p>, but nothing worked.

Where am I trapped in my thinking?

Thanks

Location - Australia