Post by sunsys » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 am

Hi, Just wanted to know whether all the opencart software's versions on the download page on this site is it the latest version(that is, updated as per corrections posted on github) as on the day when we download the software or are they without any correction(as it was on the day of release), please if someone senior or somebody from Welford Media can shed some light on this matter.

- Conversely if somebody wants any old version with all the updates(as per github) then from where to download it ?

- Has opencart decided on the lifespan of a version, for how long will the updates be released for that version and when when will it not be updated anymore, end of life, just like Microsoft does not release updates anymore for Windows XP.

Thank You.

Regards,
Sun Systems
Industrial Electronics and Instrumentation

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

... just like Microsoft does not release updates anymore for Windows XP.
Do you really think so ? Then, you must have missed something, somewhere, XP has just been renamed to M-POS, upgrade-wise, and M-POS is still beeing updated until 2019. On my PC, at least ! :D :D

But, unfortunately, it's not the case, when it comes to OC, in contrary, v.1.5.6.4 is still available from the download Site, with all it's Misses, later fixed in v.1.5.6.5_rc, but this RC-Version has been dropped in favour of OC-2, and it's Followers, and not one of them ever received any Fixes, but was replaced by another Subversion,(containing it's own new Bug's again) 8)

But as Johnathan mentioned, just a few days ago, no-one is really forced, to get divorced, just to find out, that the new Partner is not (yet), what one possibly expected him/her to be. :o :o

And since it comes for free, there is no reason to complain, as well, it's everybody's own decision, to always jump onto the the newest band-waggon. Again, just compare it with Windows, if it would be error-free, there would be no need, to ever upgrade anything. And OC cannot be tested, exept by the users themselfs, and by the huge amount of extensions, existing, but not beeing under the Control of OC, plus under the aspect, that Servers are configured in a Million of ways. Not to speak of all those ever Newbies, trying to do their own things ! ::)

Just to give you my very personal opinion on this... ;)
Good Luck !
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sunsys » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Ernie please see the image, as I said Microsoft has declared Win XP end of life on April 2014 and M-POS is not a Windows operating system for home computers.
23-Oct-16 5-15-18 PM.jpg

23-Oct-16 5-15-18 PM.jpg (48.71 KiB) Viewed 675 times

Last edited by sunsys on Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regards,
Sun Systems
Industrial Electronics and Instrumentation

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 am

Sorry, my friend, it's not M-Pos, I just forgot the correct name. I just checked for latest Things, to let you see. ;)
But I use IE8 only, to 'handle' a bunch of active-x security Cams from home, and don't visit dangerous Sites,
or use any other MS Software on/with this machine, also by use of other fine Tools, so far always keeping my
beloved System from beeing harmed. Still, 4 other PC's exist, from Vista (also updatable!) up to latest 8.x, just in case, something ever happens.
It may sound Nuts, but It's only a kind of swiss-style making sure, like, never believe anything, others tell you, before
you've checked on it personally. ;)

But I paid for my software, and so demand the right, to keep it safe, as long as I find ways, to do it.

They just want to sell new things, after a while again, presumably similar to other software, we all know so well ! :laugh:

Ernie

PS: Please, better remove the QUOTED lines and the IMAGE in your posting again, you never know...

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland