Post by ChadStevens2727 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am

Where can I learn to use open cart good.... I have watched many video's, but whenever I have simply questions it's impossible to get answers. And when my site is having issues it's impossible to find help. I have needed help for over a year now and I have not found it. Before this last year everyone I talked to said they know how to run opencart but they ended up not knowing anymore than I do. I need to take a class or find someone that really knows opencart so I can get help quickly... it is killing my business.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:00 am

Well, as you mentioned correctly, it's a Business, you're trying to keep going, a matter,
related with most OC's, and, like in any other Business, if the Boss does not know, how
to operate a PC, then, he requires a Secretary, able to.

But better don't expect to find someone else, assisting you, for the plain fun of it, one has
to give something back, and that's Money, in modern times, and modern Business-Life.

Sounds harsh ? I guess not, it's just the way it works. But if you are able to deliever FACTS,
when asking for assistance, you will likely get replies. But no Blah-Blah, this is a technical place,
so, it requires others to know about OC-Versions used, Themes used, and Extensions installed,
and Error Logs, if such exist, to be able to assist in the first place.

But if one does not even know about such details, or where to find 'em, one has no chance, to succeed
on his/her own. Better be aware of this.
Nothing personal, no offense !
Good Luck ;)
Ernie

PS: And watching Videos is good for nothing! Learning by Reading and Doing is, what helps.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by WaxedPerfection » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:07 am

Speak with Simon aka "uksitebuilder" you will find his site via a quick google search, or tom aka "Qphoria" both for really friendly and know there stuff.

https://www.waxedperfection.co.uk/ Car Detailing Product Blog's and Review's

Post by victorj » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 am

What do you want to learn.
Working with opencart from a sales point off view or how to adress technical server software related matters or perhaps both ?

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by ChadStevens2727 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am

Where can I learn to use opencart good, I am willing to sign up and pay for a class if they are available.... I have watched many video's, but whenever I have simply questions it's impossible to get answers. And when my site is having issues it's impossible to find help. Before this last year everyone I talked to said they know how to run opencart but they ended up not knowing anymore than I do. I need to take a class or find someone that really knows opencart so I can get help quickly...

1. Products don't show up where they are suppose too and the category suggest list dont show you the category it is suppose to go in from the list that pops up.
2. When you hover over checkout it is difficult to get it to work and go to check out.
3. When you go to "salon" in category bar "the list of products is long and you can't scroll down to the last few choices, you can't get to styling stations or task chairs.
4. On the home page the picture for Reception Furniture & Sinks towards the bottom have disappeared and don;t understand what happened or how to fix it.
5. SSL Certificate Not Working - it was working just fine and now it doesn't hostgator had me run this test and it came back with these issues... 1. Refer to attachment.
6. I need to learn how to edit products in bulk as I have to do that a lot and it is impossible to do one at a time.

I want to register to take a class or something, this has been so difficult to resolve these issues and it is impossible to find help. I am willing to pay for help but I am not interested in paying someone to learn opencart. Everyone I find says they know it and when I start asking them questions it is clear they don't know anything about it

Attachments

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot.jpg (81.98 KiB) Viewed 944 times

Open-cart_catagory_problem.fw.png

Open-cart_catagory_problem.fw.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 950 times

20170615_122143.jpg

20170615_122143.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 950 times

Post by ChadStevens2727 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you for the replies guys... I appreciate and I am not asking for help for free. I am asking someone that is good at opencart that is willing to work with me. I don't have money to hire someone full time and I don't have money for people to milk the job when I know enough to know all of these issues are very simply fixes as I have been through them before with the last person that was working for me and trying to make a lifelong career out of building the site. there is a way also to do all the seo, meta tags, with a module where it will go through the site and do the automatically I will need to do this as the person that built the site didn't fill any of that in.

Thank you I appreciate the feedback and hope to find someone that is willing to work with me. it is also very hard for someone to just do the website without me involved because you don't have the knowledge of my business.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 am

this is, why I decided, to never work for somebody else, it can easy get out of proportion.
I invested 10'000+ hours so far into OC, just to get a 'broader' impression, of what exists,
and how it functions. It's just too much of everything, if one does NOT set strict rules, and it
never ends, as long as one is active on a forum, presenting new Ideas and Hints on a steady
pace.

No Wonder, one easy get's in a kind of 'endless loop', if the Boss in charge changes
Ideas and/or add's new wishes, during such a development. So, it's probably less
the lifetime Job Dream, but also your Ideas, what made the fellow taking so long. Only
a strict plan, with strict goals, will enable one, to act accordingly, but I doubt, that you
have this clear vision, and you know, what can be done, and how long something can take.

I know, because I've spend nights, just to kill an entire setup in the morning. :crazy:
But good Luck, stay on it, and try to make it, piece by piece. ;)
Still, I won't be able to help much anyway, I use another Version... 8)
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:06 pm

ChadStevens2727 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:06 am
I need to ... find someone that really knows opencart so I can get help quickly... it is killing my business.
You need to find a support company or freelancer who offers something like this:
https://www.antropy.co.uk/services/support-packages/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by sculptex » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Most of these issues (2-5) likely relate to your theme. For example non-ssl fonts inclusion is theme related.
Its hard to diagnose categories not adding without admin access.
There are many extensions available for bulk product edit.
Additionally, on mobile version, floating email icon at footer overlaps floating back to top icon, also switching from portrait to landscape, prices and add to cart buttons get cut-off. Again, all theme related.
Most of these require advanced help, if you are not a developer, no amount of videos will resolve these issues, although you could approach theme developer because most are theme related.

ImageImage

Location - UK