Post by siptec » Thu May 10, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm wanting the availability message to change from "In Stock" to our "Special order 12 week lead time" stock status when someone chooses the "0" stock option. It looks like the stock status only looks at the total of all options and displays "In Stock" or until all options are "0" and displays the out of stock message.

So, if a customer sees a product they want and need to select and option like Red or Blue. If one of the options is out of stock or is always special order, I need that information showing in the status of "Availability:"

I've seen a few posts on this and changing the product.php or product.tpl files. I think the answer is with the product.tpl file, but I can't find a workable solution.

OC version: 2.3.0.4

Post by IP_CAM » Fri May 11, 2018 10:00 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by siptec » Sat May 12, 2018 4:50 am

Thanks for the reply Ernie but none of these extensions address what I'm trying to do.

It definitely has something to do with the template, product.tpl. I've tried a few solutions from here, but with very little success.

I just want the Product to change it's status when the option for the product has no inventory. A pretty simple concept.

If I have a tee shirt with options of Large and Small with 100 on hand of Large and 0 on hand of Small. I want the status to change based on the users selection. They can still buy either, I just want them to know that it will take "X" time to deliver depending on selection.

Post by siptec » Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 am

Really looking for some help on this... anyone?

Post by yodapt » Fri May 25, 2018 4:26 am

siptec wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:50 am
I just want them to know that it will take "X" time to deliver depending on selection.
Does this mean the same product can have more than 2 stock statuses?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by siptec » Fri May 25, 2018 4:39 am

Yes.

Example : T-shirt has two options: Red, Blue. Red has 100 on hand and Blue is out of stock.

In Opencart, it only shows the item "in stock" on the "Availability" even though the blue is out of stock. The item stock status is determined by all options available. What I'm looking for is to have the Availability change from "In Stock" to "Out of Stock" when the person selects the out of stock option.

Post by yodapt » Fri May 25, 2018 5:50 am

This cannot be done with just changing the template. What you need is similar to live price extensions, where any option change will affect the price, but in this case the availability of the product chosen.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by victor@bikeshow.ro » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi siptec!
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?
Thanks,
Victor

Post by davemiller_XX » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 pm

is there any solutions?
we already searching for the same, we have already a shop with OC 2.0.0.0 and this works fine but i dont know how we done this for three years...now we need this for our new shop...