Post by gerstnerusa » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 am

I am using Opencart 2.3.0.2

I have set "Grid View" as the default view for my products.

When I try to print the webpage, using Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome, it shows up on the print preview with 1 product per row.

Is there anyway to change the print settings (or add some script) to allow users to print from the webpage and get the same grid view as shown on the screen?

The attached images are of the webpage view and the print preview.

Thank you.

Attachments

screen-shot-02.jpg

screen-shot-02.jpg (72.48 KiB) Viewed 330 times

screen-shot-01.jpg

screen-shot-01.jpg (214.07 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Post by yodapt » Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 am

Are you aware that a print version is often smaller (based on A4 print) than a regular laptop / deskptop view, and that Opencart has no way of telling what are you going to do with it?

In other words, are you aware what you want can go wrong?

If it's for internal use only it should be no problem though, as soon as everything is determined.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by gerstnerusa » Sat May 26, 2018 3:45 am

This would be for internal use only, which I could undo, once we made our printouts. We run a special sale at our factory, once per year and we printout our list of replacement hardware, for use at our checkout desks.

I have tried scaling the print preview, but it keeps 1 product per row (as shown in screen-shot-02).

(I am also using the default theme)

Post by yodapt » Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 am

I think it's better to have a module to print out what you need and how, probably generating a pdf document from that list, rather than working with browser's print function. PM me if you need something like that.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com