Post by austang99 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 am

OC 2.3.0.2.
backend: Cpanel on CentOS / I have full root & WHM access

I need to have 2 separate stores on different domains with the same customer database. Both domains are on the same webserver.
I've been having a heck of a time trying to set up Multi-store. Nothing seems to work.

However when I cloned my installation to separate domain on the same web server, I noticed that it was connecting back to the same SQL database even though it was technically on a different cpanel account.

opencart.mydomain1.com - Main store
opencart.mydomain2.com - 2nd store, which was cloned and is connected to same DB on the same web server.

In mydomain1 I went into opencart-admin and created a 2nd store pointing to mydomain2.com

I guess my options and questions would be:
1. Is there a way to just make store2 use the logo and products from the 2nd store entry?
2. Or are there some better instructions for setting up multi store with 2.3.0.2. and cpanel?
3. Is there a better way to sync a customer database across 2 opencart installations on different domains (in this case on the same webserver)?

Post by yodapt » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:32 pm

What's the purpose of sharing the customer database only? If you clarify the situation I'm sure a proper solution will appear

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by austang99 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:03 am

The two sites are separated by country. One is in for the UK and the other is for EU.

The UK one has UK prices, a slightly different store name (different business name as well). The EU one is based out of a EU country.

For business compliance reasons the websites are on 2 different domains and have different homepage websites attached with different terms and policies. Each website is essentially an entirely different business with its own payment options for either UK or EU depending on which site the customer is on.

However I don't want to have to login to 2 different stores to see orders, and if someone orders something on the wrong site I want it to be easy to fix it. I have a lot of business customers that order for the UK and also order for France and Germany and Netherlands.

Being able to share the same customer database across both stores makes my life easy and keeps everyone I have to be in compliance with happy.

Post by yodapt » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:07 am

My suggestion is that you use one Opencart installation for both stores, this way everything is shared and you can see all orders from the same admin panel. Store name, logo, policies and so on can be different by default in Opencart if you have two stores. Product prices is the only issue that needs changes in the code to allow different prices for each store. You can also have Opencart identify where the customer is coming from using a Geo IP API and direct him to the correct store instead of having to manually change the orders in admin. If you'd like some assistance PM me.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com