Post by henryscart » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi!
I'm going bald over this one... have tried and read it all but no success yet...
Moved the system to a new host recently and since the new order confirmation emails are not sent to either customer or admin.

Working:
- Register email
- Contact form email
- Order status update email (regardless of changing the order status or not - it's working).
- Order edit sends a new order email (actually a new order is created so this is correct default behavior)
- offsite email to/from the domain working fine.

Not working:
- Auto new order confirmation email to customer/admin.

Current settings:
- Smtp protocol with gmail
- SMTP settings working for all the other emails
- have just added DKIM and SPF records to the DNS host (other than system host) since earlier error reports mentioned that gmail treated the email as spam.
- have two factor authorization with the domain google account and set the app password as oc smtp password (as adviced by Daniel in some github thread)

- double checked all settings
- tried checking out with different order statuses, both default order status, payment method status, and changing the processing vs complete setup.
- have been comparing code/files regarding order mail in controller, model and language. Also temporarily replaced files for the ones that are still in the old host installation.
- compared old vs new database tables like oc_settings, oc_order_status, oc_order data before/after migration...
- and more random trial and error...

New extensions:
Import/export Pro (after migration but also after mail malfuction).
Isense Pre-order (after migration but also after mail malfuction).

Migration was made by hand by me.
No tool was used, I exported selected tables (one by one exept for the ones created in the new installation database) and inserted by SQL. Did this exact method on another 2302 store just before and no troubles at all.

So pretty clueless right now...
thanks in advance for any advice in any direction for me to keep looking

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Make a test with Mail option.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by henryscart » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:52 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:32 pm
Make a test with Mail option.
Tried it as well now and still nothing.
Rather use the smtp gmail as before though.

EDIT: The new order email is what's not working. The order update works with Mail protocol also.

Post by xxvirusxx » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm

You can make a clean install in a folder and test if work.

Nothing on Error log?
From Mail Alerts you have checked Orders?

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by henryscart » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:09 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:56 pm
You can make a clean install in a folder and test if work.

Nothing on Error log?
From Mail Alerts you have checked Orders?
I could try a fresh install.

Nothing in oc error logs.

Mail alerts are all checked for orders, register etc.

Post by henryscart » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Fresh install in subfolder is working to send order mail to both customer and admin with the same smtp settings.
Is this leading me towards
- database
- filesystem
- extensions
- something else????
?

I also tested yesterday to "borrow" these folders from another working 2302 store,
- catalog/language/myactivelanguage
- catalog/model/checkout
Didn't work.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:26 am

Do you see any listed events and active in your admin - > extensions - > events page?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by henryscart » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Yes, one event listed.
voucher catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after extension/total/voucher/send Enabled 30/11/-0001

This is present in both the new and old database so I concluded (right or wrong?) that it was not affecting this problem.
(I don't know anything about how the events work or what they do).

EDIT:
The same event is in the old database that worked, the subfolder new install that's working, and another 2302 store thats also working.

EDIT 2:
Noticed the event on the new install subfolder store was disabled so I tried disable it in the faulty store aswell and checkout but still unseccessful - no new order email.

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 pm

This is where the issue is. With only one event, you can't go really far with notifications. You'll need to update your events list from your PHPMyAdmin where at least 33 events are active. Also ensure your admin - > systems - > settings - > add / edit settings - > Mail tab has the check boxes active at the bottom of that page.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by henryscart » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:32 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 pm
This is where the issue is. With only one event, you can't go really far with notifications. You'll need to update your events list from your PHPMyAdmin where at least 33 events are active. Also ensure your admin - > systems - > settings - > add / edit settings - > Mail tab has the check boxes active at the bottom of that page.
I'm not so sure, this is 2302 and I've not seen this amount of events in any of my 2302 stores, none of the other have so many but yet they are working.
The one store that is oc3 with journal3 has 33 events though.
So as to update the event list with rows from the db/oc_events, I wouldn't get far.

(Mail tab alert email for register, order etc are all checked since before).

EDIT:
Checked the old database from before migration and only 1 event (same) is present.

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Yes. That 33 events are only in 3.x not in 2.3.x

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:15 pm

henryscart wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:16 pm
Yes, one event listed.
voucher catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after extension/total/voucher/send Enabled 30/11/-0001

This is present in both the new and old database so I concluded (right or wrong?) that it was not affecting this problem.
(I don't know anything about how the events work or what they do).

EDIT:
The same event is in the old database that worked, the subfolder new install that's working, and another 2302 store thats also working.

EDIT 2:
Noticed the event on the new install subfolder store was disabled so I tried disable it in the faulty store aswell and checkout but still unseccessful - no new order email.
Correct. In v2.3.0.2 release, there's only 1 voucher event listed. Any access logs you could provide based on the new email activities being sent with the order route?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by henryscart » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm

"Any access logs you could provide based on the new email activities being sent with the order route?"

Please clarify what this means

EDIT:
Oh maybe you ask if i have access to the error log, in which case yes. No errors reffering to email or order but recent errors:

Code: Select all

PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: currency in /catalog/view/theme/so-clickboom/template/product/product.tpl on line 234
2020-01-27 15:35:34 - 
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: count_reviews in /catalog/view/theme/so-clickboom/template/product/product.tpl on line 222
2020-01-27 15:35:34 - 
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: price_value in /catalog/view/theme/so-clickboom/template/product/product.tpl on line 234
These don't seem related to cart/checkout, but seemingly logged on storefront productpage actions.
I earlier today tried (based on these errors) to replace the product.tpl file with the original so-clickboom theme one - checkout but still no new order email.
Last edited by straightlight on Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am

You see to have extensions installed. However, since you're using the v2.3.0.2 release, see this solution: viewtopic.php?t=182197#p703407 . You'll have to re-save the admin settings form afterwards by ensuring the alert is indeed enabled.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by henryscart » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:48 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am
You see to have extensions installed. However, since you're using the v2.3.0.2 release, see this solution: viewtopic.php?t=182197#p703407 . You'll have to re-save the admin settings form afterwards by ensuring the alert is indeed enabled.
Tried it now with re-check and re-save of settings.
Multiple checkouts (as guest and registered customer) without new order email.
Re-validated that my changes to the file was made properly.

Post by jooy123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:05 am

henryscart wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi!
I'm going bald over this one... have tried and read it all but no success yet...
Moved the system to a new host recently and since the new order confirmation emails are not sent to either customer or admin.

Working:
- Register email
- Contact form email
- Order status update email (regardless of changing the order status or not - it's working).
- Order edit sends a new order email (actually a new order is created so this is correct default behavior)
- offsite email to/from the domain working fine.

Not working:
- Auto new order confirmation email to customer/admin.

Current settings:
- Smtp protocol with gmail
- SMTP settings working for all the other emails
- have just added DKIM and SPF records to the DNS host (other than system host) since earlier error reports mentioned that gmail treated the email as spam.
- have two factor authorization with the domain google account and set the app password as oc smtp password (as adviced by Daniel in some github thread)

- double checked all settings
- tried checking out with different order statuses, both default order status, payment method status, and changing the processing vs complete setup.
- have been comparing code/files regarding order mail in controller, model and language. Also temporarily replaced files for the ones that are still in the old host installation.
- compared old vs new database tables like oc_settings, oc_order_status, oc_order data before/after migration...
- and more random trial and error...

New extensions:
Import/export Pro (after migration but also after mail malfuction).
Isense Pre-order (after migration but also after mail malfuction).

Migration was made by hand by me.
No tool was used, I exported selected tables (one by one exept for the ones created in the new installation database) and inserted by SQL. Did this exact method on another 2302 store just before and no troubles at all.

So pretty clueless right now...
thanks in advance for any advice in any direction for me to keep looking
This sounds a lot like the problem I have. Question: Is the order email send to your customer or not?
I have the same problem that order emails don't arrive at admin and the customer. No error. No log problem. New Host.

Post by henryscart » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:52 pm

"Question: Is the order email send to your customer or not?"

No, the first automatic new order email is missing (not sent or not delivered) for both customer and admin.