Post by dbdropper » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Hello,

We're currently offering free shipping to all countries, but from now on we'd like to exclude a specific country. The shipping extension lets us choose either "Geo Zone = All Zones", or a specific zone. Is creating a new geo zone having all countries except that specific one our only option here, or is there a better and a more efficient way?

Post by johnp » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:37 pm

You're correct. Stick the X-Shipping extension on. Create a Geo Zone for all countries minus the one you want shipping appied to. Apply free shipping to that. Create a Geo Zone for just the country you want shipping applied to and add your shipping charge to that.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... license=0A

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by kestas » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 pm

dbdropper wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 pm
Hello,

We're currently offering free shipping to all countries, but from now on we'd like to exclude a specific country. The shipping extension lets us choose either "Geo Zone = All Zones", or a specific zone. Is creating a new geo zone having all countries except that specific one our only option here, or is there a better and a more efficient way?
As suggested module is free of course you can use it. But also you can use weight based shipping, where you can manage this shipping for different geozones which you will create...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by dbdropper » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:00 pm

johnp wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:37 pm
You're correct. Stick the X-Shipping extension on. Create a Geo Zone for all countries minus the one you want shipping appied to. Apply free shipping to that. Create a Geo Zone for just the country you want shipping applied to and add your shipping charge to that.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... license=0A
Thank you for the suggestion.

If I'll be creating the geo zone anyway, then why do I need an extra extension, if the built-in free.free can do that already? Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to avoid the clutter :)

Post by dbdropper » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:01 pm

kestas wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 pm

As suggested module is free of course you can use it. But also you can use weight based shipping, where you can manage this shipping for different geozones which you will create...
Thank you, I agree, we're actually already using the weight based shipping for exactly that :D

Post by Naheed » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Yes, you are right. Creating a new geo zone will have all the countries except those ones that you exclude.