Post by mike.g3@icloud.com » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 am

Hi,

I really hope someone can help. I was editing a modification using the modification manager extension. When I clicked save the page reloaded to a 404 error. The frontend page works fine but as soon as i go to the /admin extension I get 404. I then went on to FTP but couldnt access the admin directory in Filezilla, it just had a ? on the folder icon and at the top it said the directory was inaccessible. I reconnected to FTP to find the whole admin directory gone! I then frantically searched the forums for solutions but nothing seemed to match. I cleared my vqcache and system cache folders but still havent got access to admin back.

I am really worried and hope someone can help.

Michael

Post by OSWorX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 pm

mike.g3@icloud.com wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 am
Hi,

I really hope someone can help. I was editing a modification using the modification manager extension. When I clicked save the page reloaded to a 404 error. The frontend page works fine but as soon as i go to the /admin extension I get 404. I then went on to FTP but couldnt access the admin directory in Filezilla, it just had a ? on the folder icon and at the top it said the directory was inaccessible. I reconnected to FTP to find the whole admin directory gone! I then frantically searched the forums for solutions but nothing seemed to match. I cleared my vqcache and system cache folders but still havent got access to admin back.

Michael
Hello,

reading this leads me to the assumption you have no glue what are you doing.

1. OpenCart > which version
2. Extension > about which extension are you talking
3. why have you edited and what

Further:
4. which template is used

With these infos, help maybe available.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by kestas » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi,

Michael
If you don’t understand what you’re doing, it’s better to play with some kind of trial local server. Not a live store. If this store is really running and it is hosted on some server, maybe this server has a backup of your store. You should ask your server provider about rolling back your site earlier after you have edited something.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by paulfeakins » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:22 pm

I reconnected to FTP to find the whole admin directory gone!
How on earth did you delete your admin directory?

I suggest you pay a developer to try and put a fresh one back if it really has gone for the same version of OC of course.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom