Post by danyopencart » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi,
in my website, I have this shipping cost settings:
1) For items with price under € 100,00 (vat excluded), Shipping Cost is "Fix" to € 5,00
2) For items with price over € 100,00 (vat excluded), Shipping Cost is "Free"
But there is an issues on items with price between € 68.85 - 81.96 (vat excluded).
It doesn't appear "Shipping Cost Fix" option on check-out?
Any advice?
Thanks.

Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:12 pm

Are you using the built-in Free Shipping and Flat Rate methods? If so, the Free Shipping one has a "total" setting to limit when it's available, but the Flat Rate one doesn't. That means you're probably using a third-party shipping extension, in which case you should contact the developer for support.

If you *are* using the built-in methods, try posting some screenshots of your setup here, and hopefully we'll be able to suggest what's happening.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by danyopencart » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi,
thank you for reply.
I just investigated and the problem seem to be on "\catalog\model\extension\shipping\flat.php" file.
There was a custom snippet code that I just erased.
Now I have the "bug", on check-out, I need to hide/remove "Flat Shipping Rate" if "Free Shipping item" is active.
Can you tell me, what can I do?
Thanks.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:40 pm

There isn't a setting to do this, but I believe there are some posts in the forum that tell you how to do this in the code. Here's one example that I had posted within:

viewtopic.php?t=35611

I also have a tutorial for how to hide all non-free shipping methods when free shipping is active, if you want to try that:

https://www.opencartx.com/tutorials#sho ... e-shipping

If you want something you can configure more easily within the admin panel, Total-Based Shipping can do both flat rate and free shipping rates based on total. That would let you show and hide each of those options when the cart total changes, all within one shipping method. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know if you have any further questions at www.getclearthinking.com/contact

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by danyopencart » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi,
thank you for reply.