Post by info@nvsdesign.nl » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:16 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right category to post my issue, because it's related to Joomla's Opencart fork Mijoshop.

I've built a website for one of my clients and migrated Mijoshop from their old website to the new. It seems to be a stable software, but for a while now we experience a strange issue with the cart/checkout. We get multiple reports from shop visitors that they aren't able to proceed from the cart to the checkout. They hit the button and nothing happens. Strange thing is, it happens with random users with random browsers and devices.

After many tests I eventually experienced the issue myself. I hardcoded the button with an absolute link to the checkout but this doen't work. Then I changed the checkout URL and suddenly I was able to proceeed to the checkout.

It got me thinking that caching could be the problem. But the Joomla cache is disabled and there are no caching plugins on the server (we even moved to antoher server). Only option left is that MijoShop has somekind of cache function, but I can't find anything about this.

Is this kind of issue known in the Opencart community? The Opencart version that MijoShop uses is 2.0.1.0.

Unfortunately the MijoShop developers don't answer to my questions, I've tried to contact them several times. So this forum is my last resort in finding a solution to my problem. I hope someone kan help me with this, even though this isn't a real Opencart issue.

Regards, Niels

Post by thekrotek » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:47 pm

This can be absolutely anything. Nobody will tell you what is wrong without some info and pattern. But since it's MijoShop, I'm afraid you're fudged. I'd suggest you to replace it with vanilla OpenCart. MijoShop is evil, its developers are schmucks.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by info@nvsdesign.nl » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:31 am

I know MijoShop lacks support now but it was good software when the shop was built. We can't switch to to Opencart as there is a lot of custom work in the shop, like an automated sync function between the shop and clients inventory.

What kind of info would be needed to dig some deeper?

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:34 am

info@nvsdesign.nl wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:31 am
I know MijoShop lacks support now but it was good software when the shop was built. We can't switch to to Opencart as there is a lot of custom work in the shop, like an automated sync function between the shop and clients inventory.

What kind of info would be needed to dig some deeper?
At this point, I would suggest to create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact an Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site, or contact me directly via PM to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:00 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:47 pm
MijoShop is evil, its developers are schmucks.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom