Post by baltasarb » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Hello everyone, when we upload product videos on YouTube we receive many concurrent visits and there are orders that are made practically at the same time, with which many times we are left with negative stock and we cannot meet the customer's order.

I don't know if anyone can advise or help me with this.

Thank you very much.

Post by grgr » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Do you have "Stock Checkout" set to No in the system > settings?

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by baltasarb » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Yes, it is not possible to sell anything if stock is 0, our problem is when there are several order at same time.

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm

baltasarb wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm
Yes, it is not possible to sell anything if stock is 0, our problem is when there are several order at same time.
This is actually a pretty difficult problem to solve.

There might be some extensions that reserve stock when it's added to the cart but this has the problem of being open to abuse by a competitor who creates a cart with loads of products to prevent you from selling them.

Have you searched for an extension already?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by baltasarb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:00 pm

Good morning, thank you for your reply. I had looked for an extension for the reservation in the cart but cannot find it. Anyway I think like you, it can be a problem if many people reserve without actually buying.

I have looked for some other extension that is dedicated to solving these problems but I can't find anything.

I am surprised that this problem has not come up before and some solution has been raised ...

For now I think that we are going to put less stock than is available and that we will complete it at times of few visits to try to minimize this failure.

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:49 pm

baltasarb wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:00 pm
Good morning, thank you for your reply. I had looked for an extension for the reservation in the cart but cannot find it. Anyway I think like you, it can be a problem if many people reserve without actually buying.

I have looked for some other extension that is dedicated to solving these problems but I can't find anything.

I am surprised that this problem has not come up before and some solution has been raised ...

For now I think that we are going to put less stock than is available and that we will complete it at times of few visits to try to minimize this failure.
That would be the best option in POS since, normally, when a stock is depleted - the sales needs to keep on-going as store owners do need to find a way to increase their stock markets whenever the store remains opened.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Attagirl » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:30 pm

I'm not sure if I fully understand your problem but, perhaps this helps.
I have set the product quantity at "1" and subtract stock "no".
For us the total available for the product can vary depending on the options people take. I just have to keep an eye on the total number of purchases which is small for us (max 20) so not a problem.
I have settings > stock options set to "yes" but don't know if that makes a difference.

Post by baltasarb » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Thank you for your answer, our problem is that we have times where there are many sales at the same time, many users adding to the cart at the same time and making the payment in a few seconds, which leads to more products being sold than we have.

Post by Attagirl » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:41 am

I understand now as I tested what you mean. Thanks for the explanation and I hope you can solve it.
On the plus side it's nice that you get lots of orders.

Post by baltasarb » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:41 pm

Thank you very much, the truth is that I have not been able to solve it yet, I cannot find solutions.