Post by Afrofunk » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 pm

We updated Paypal Standard to Paypal Express and it isn't displaying the order id on the confirmation email sent directly from Paypal itself.
Been in contact with Paypal and was told the extension we have is using an old variable in the code that has actually deprecated so we would need to add this line of code in the in the paypal express php file.
INVNUM = “YourInvoiceNumberHere” to align with this to make this work.
BUT i will need to find where the invoice number is stored and pass this to the array but I cant find where this is located? They were unable to tell me where i might find it as they arent opencart experts.
i have looked and only seen order id in the order.php file. but not entirely sure.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Afrofunk wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:53 pm
We updated Paypal Standard to Paypal Express and it isn't displaying the order id on the confirmation email sent directly from Paypal itself.
Been in contact with Paypal and was told the extension we have is using an old variable in the code that has actually deprecated so we would need to add this line of code in the in the paypal express php file.
BUT i will need to find where the invoice number is stored and pass this to the array but I cant find where this is located? They were unable to tell me where i might find it as they arent opencart experts.
i have looked and only seen order id in the order.php file. but not entirely sure.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Which PayPal extension are you using? Probably you need to update the extension as well.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:38 pm
Afrofunk wrote:

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Which PayPal extension are you using? Probably you need to update the extension as well.
I would suggest to look for an extension on the Marketplace for a more up-to-date version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 pm
rjcalifornia wrote:
Afrofunk wrote:

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Sorry, I got confused since there is a PayPal Standard account and a PayPal Express account

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Afrofunk wrote:
They were unable to tell me where i might find it as they arent opencart experts.
Then you probably need to post a job and pay an OpenCart expert from the Commercial Support forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Afrofunk » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 pm

straightlight wrote:
rjcalifornia wrote:
Afrofunk wrote:

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks
I would suggest to look for an extension on the Marketplace for a more up-to-date version.
it works all fine just not adding the order id on the confirmation.
The paypal express extension has been installed some time ago, just need to find where the invoice number is stored for that line of code to work.
i guess you all dont know? i cant find an extension for Paypal Express?
ive asked Paypal if i need to update it.

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 pm

Afrofunk wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:05 pm
straightlight wrote:
rjcalifornia wrote:

it works all fine just not adding the order id on the confirmation.
The paypal express extension has been installed some time ago, just need to find where the invoice number is stored for that line of code to work.
i guess you all dont know? i cant find an extension for Paypal Express?
ive asked Paypal if i need to update it.
Nowhere to be said on my previous reply that I don't know the answer as I have rather specified to look for an up-to-date extension on the Marketplace.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON