Post by slavo210 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:46 pm

I need to chenge the mechanism for adding attributes in OpenCart.
Currently it is that you create a group of attributes, then an attribute and the value of the attribute as text. And it would be ok if the attribute values are different from each other. In our products, the given attribute values are almost not different. The problem is that they contain up to 500 characters.
In the current state, we have 1 attribute group with 27 attributes. When for each product (and we have more than 4000) we add 27 attributes of 500 characters each, the database will swell quite significantly.
I came up with an idea to change a little the mechanism for adding attributes, to add a table oc_product_attribute_value and enter the attributes into it, and in the table oc_product_attribute instead of wattage text enter product_attribute_value_id.
Is such a change possible and if so, can I count on some advice? I do not know where to start and I would not like to crash the store ;)

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:59 pm

slavo210 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:46 pm
I need to chenge the mechanism for adding attributes in OpenCart.
Currently it is that you create a group of attributes, then an attribute and the value of the attribute as text. And it would be ok if the attribute values are different from each other. In our products, the given attribute values are almost not different. The problem is that they contain up to 500 characters.
In the current state, we have 1 attribute group with 27 attributes. When for each product (and we have more than 4000) we add 27 attributes of 500 characters each, the database will swell quite significantly.
I came up with an idea to change a little the mechanism for adding attributes, to add a table oc_product_attribute_value and enter the attributes into it, and in the table oc_product_attribute instead of wattage text enter product_attribute_value_id.
Is such a change possible and if so, can I count on some advice? I do not know where to start and I would not like to crash the store ;)
OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by slavo210 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:07 pm

slavo210 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:46 pm
You need a developer to do this so you should pay a developer such as ourselves or post a job in the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom