Post by rhorne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi guys,

We are using OC 2.3.0.2 and have had an intermittent problem for months now. It seems to go away then rears its head again every now and then.

Our order status flow is Processing > Printed > Shipped > Complete (we added the status printed).

The problem is that sometimes orders wil repeatedly automatically change to Processing, sometimes even from Processing > Processing. I had one order do this over 30 times last week. Interestingly this seemed to coincide with the high number of items on the order, though could be pure coincidence.

Has anyone else come across this?

https://pasteboard.co/KbRtEeZ.png

Under settings our processing order status has complete, pending, printed, processed, processing and shipped ticked.
Under settings our complete order status has complete ticked.

We only have one payment extension configured and its status settings are set to the below:

https://pasteboard.co/KbRuP22.png

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Can be caused by a payment module. When it receives the callback from the payment provider it could be linking to the wrong order. Some providers will send callbacks for events such a funds clearing which can be days later.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Yep, as above it sounds like the payment provider are sending some extra callbacks.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rhorne » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 pm

Hmm. The only problem I have with that suggestion is that this is PayPal's new payment module we only installed in the last month. The problem happened previously on the old PayPal Pro extension, too. And if this were a PayPal bug then surely lots of users would be experiencing it?

Post by straightlight » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 pm

rhorne wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 pm
Hmm. The only problem I have with that suggestion is that this is PayPal's new payment module we only installed in the last month. The problem happened previously on the old PayPal Pro extension, too. And if this were a PayPal bug then surely lots of users would be experiencing it?
Once it gets reported by users, of course.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 pm

rhorne wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 pm
The new PayPal module did have a vulnerability where anyone could change the status of any order remotely. As long as you have the latest version this should be fixed, I believe. However, if you were getting the issue before you installed that, then it's not likely to be the issue.

What theme and extensions are you using? What PHP version? What exact payment modules (name and developer) do you have installed (even if disabled)?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by rhorne » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:57 pm

We are using Journal 2 theme.
Current PHP version: 5.6.40

Extensions:
Google Shopping (Disabled/Not Installed)
Google Analytics (Enabled/Installed)
Antiu-Fraid IP, FraudLabs Pro, MaxMind Anti-Fraud (Disabled/Not Installed)
Basic Captcha (Disabled/Not Installed)
Google reCAPTCHA (Enabled/Installed)

All standard Dashboards

Google Base (Disabled/Not Installed)
Google Sitemap (Enabled/Installed)
OpenBay Pro (Enabled/Installed)
UKSB Google Merchant (Enabled/Installed)
UKSB Sitemaps v4.3.0 (Enabled/Installed)
Journal 2(Enabled/Installed)
Coupons/Gift Vouchers/Reward Points on Checkout (Enabled/Installed)
Customer Care Message (Enabled/Installed)
EU VAT Validation (Enabled/Installed)
HowDidYouHearAboutUs (Enabled/Installed)
Royal Mail - DropboxShipping Integration (Enabled/Installed)
Smart Search (Enabled/Installed)
You Might Also Like (Enabled/Installed)

As I'm typing this I realise it's too big a list to simple type up and be of use. Basically we also have all of the other modules that come out of the box, but mostly disabled. And at the same time I'm not sure typing up the full comprehensive list is helpful as technically it could be any of our addon modules causing this issue I suppose.

As for payments we have all of the default ones, disabled/not installed. But we do have the PayPal Commerce Platform Enabled - this is new one PayPal module I mentioned in my original post.

But then disabled we also have:
PayPal Express Checkout
PayPal Payflow Pro
PayPal Payflow Pro iFrame
PayPal Payments Standard
PayPal Pro
PayPal Pro iFrame.

Before using PayPal Commerce Platform we used to use PayPal Payments Standard, and PayPal Pro but this problem existed then, too. But again, only intermittently.

Not sure any of that is particularly helpful. :s

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:59 pm

rhorne wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Extensions:
OpenBay Pro (Enabled/Installed)
Journal 2(Enabled/Installed)
Coupons/Gift Vouchers/Reward Points on Checkout (Enabled/Installed)
The Journal theme makes a lot of changes to OpenCart and is known to cause problems with mixing up orders.
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=223852#p821697

The other two extensions may change the checkout flow or insert/update orders.

I would look at those three first. Could be a bug in one of them or an incompatibility between the two. But it would be a slow process of elimination and debugging to work our what is causing your issue.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by patrick84965 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Do I have to check all statuses, which belong to my order fulfillment process in the settings tab to prevent OC from restocking the products?

Not only under the admin settings but also under the payment modules to where the payment transactions are activated for your customers during checkout.

Another question is, how OC handles returns. If a return arrives in the system, how does OC connects it to the orders and the products in terms of restocking and sales reports?

This feature might exist as an extension. If there are no extension that can be relatively found, this idea can always be posted under the feature requests section of the forum. :)