Post by pooja-vishnoi » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:32 pm

Hi,
My website is quite old and i am not using it since last 1-2 months.
Today while i tried to open it, observed that after entering URL, index.php is being downloaded instead of opening site. I am using hostgator for hosting.
How to resolve this issue? please advice.

Also if i want to discontinue my website/products data for now and want to save hosting expences, what should i download?

Thanks and Regards
Pooja

Post by grgr » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Try clearing browser cache and/or try a different browser also. If that fails, next is to disable the .htaccess (rename it like .htaccess.old) file and see if that sorts it.

As for the saving the site, you will want to get an export of the database in phpMyAdmin and then basically download all the files. You should also have some form of backup function in cpanel or plesk or whatever hostgator uses, by using that then you can create a zip of all your files which is much quicker and easier to download.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:53 am

You have a problem with PHP parser, something is not configured properly on your server. You can try to manually add handler to .htaccess, but if you don't know ho to do this start with contacting your hosting provider on the matter.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:12 am

pooja-vishnoi wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Hi,
My website is quite old and i am not using it since last 1-2 months.
Today while i tried to open it, observed that after entering URL, index.php is being downloaded instead of opening site. I am using hostgator for hosting.
How to resolve this issue? please advice.

Also if i want to discontinue my website/products data for now and want to save hosting expences, what should i download?

Thanks and Regards
Pooja
OC version. If you are to consider to disable the .htaccess file, also ensure to disable the SEO option from your OC admin > systems > settings > edit settings > server tab first as to disable any extensions associated with SEOs in the meantime.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:12 am
OC version. If you are to consider to disable the .htaccess file, also ensure to disable the SEO option from your OC admin > systems > settings > edit settings > server tab first as to disable any extensions associated with SEOs in the meantime.
Not related at all. I already provided a valid reply.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:45 am

thekrotek wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 am
straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:12 am
Not related at all. I already provided a valid reply.
Up to you. However, nobody did checked with the OP user if SEO was enabled prior to suggest to disable the .htaccess file.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:05 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:45 am
Up to you. However, nobody did checked with the OP user if SEO was enabled prior to suggest to disable the .htaccess file.
It's not up to me, it's a well know issue, which is caused by improperly handled PHP files. OC version and SEO extensions have nothing to do with it.

Expert Member

Post by alexmorco » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:05 pm

have you tried clearing the browser cache and trying again? if the issue persists, might be a wise idea to contact your hosting provider, no?

if you are on cPanel, check the logs. I am using Cloudways, so I can get all the information from the control panel they have.

Post by by mona » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi Alexmorco

Not the best promotion for your organisation.

Your posts serve only to repeat the answers that have already been provided and a plug for your organisation. They offer nothing in that way of assistance nor show any knowledge of Opencart or that you, as a host, are able to assist any of the issues posted.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by johnp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:43 am

I've had the same problem in the past. It was indeed a PHP problem. Not an Opencart problem.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:59 am

First step is to see which PHP version the server is using. 2nd is to make sure your Opencart version is supported with the version of PHP that the server is using. 3rd, check your .htaccess file and make sure the php handler information matches the actual version the server is using.

The php handler info in the .htaccess file will look similar to this:
# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# Set the “ea-php74” package as the default “PHP” programming language.
<IfModule mime_module>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA