Post by Zack_1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi

My all category pages face TTFB 11+ seconds, my homepage or product page has fully loaded time under 1.8s, I have 3k products and 18 categories, hoping someone can provide some pointers or ideas on how I can improve our TTFB.

I already disable the Category Product Count

Opencart Version 2.2.0.0

Main and Subcategory both have 11s+ TTFB

Post by chris.dempsey » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:20 pm

First step I'd take is looking at any extensions you run that relate to the Category view, if the issue is resolved when they are disabled it indicates the culprit.

I experienced the same symptoms, in my case it was an unusual server configuration that caused all the thumbnail images to be recreated on every page view - a heavy processing task that slowed the PHP script and increased TTFB. Eventually we figured it was the way vqMod ran on my Windows server and a tiny update was made to vqMod itself https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod/pull/82

Anyway, check the timestamps on your thumbnail images to see if they are being recreated on every page load.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 pm

You haven't given any info about your theme or extensions but have a read of this: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/how-to-s ... ed-issues/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Zack_1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Plaza Theme and there is no extension on category pages.

But we have 1095 disabled products so is this something to worry about?

Post by chris.dempsey » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Zack_1 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:30 pm
Plaza Theme and there is no extension on category pages.

But we have 1095 disabled products so is this something to worry about?
Number of products isn't an issue on its own, third party code that manipulates the products may be inefficient and cause speed issues though. If the code is well written, disabled products should be ignored on the frontend again meaning there should be no speed issue with 1095 disabled products.

What happens to the TTFB on Category pages if you change back to the default theme for testing? If it becomes normal like 1-2 seconds this indicates the issue is triggered by your Plaza theme.

If the TTFB is still 11 seconds on the default theme it potentially indicates an issue with an extension.

Have you checked your mysql slow query log? This might indicate the source of the 11 second TTFB.