Post by FnF » Wed May 25, 2022 7:16 am

I cannot figure this one out folks. I have researched it for weeks and find a lot of solutions to this version wide problem. But nothing seems to work for me.
OC version 2.3.0.2 running on php 7.4
The only mods installed are;
  • Abandon Carts by Isense Labs
  • Bug Fixing OC-2.3.0.2 by Van studio
  • OpenCart 2.3 Extension Compatibility Fix by Clear Thinking
  • And VQ Mod
Only Payment source being used is Paypal Standard

Customers orders are beginning to get marked canceled even after PayPal sends a "you have money" notification.
Those orders get placed under the missing status and no email notification goes out to the customer or the admin. Our only indicator is the PayPal email notifying of the payment.
Some sources say to double check Paypal statuses which I did, even though they were never altered. I even ran the status reset file being shared and used for those with this problem to make sure.
Some say it's coupon related. We use no coupons at all.
Some say it's caused by fraud prevention. We have all fraud prevention off and disabled.

I am at a loss here as to what to try next or what is causing this. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by FnF on Sat May 28, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

FnF

Post by ADD Creative » Wed May 25, 2022 7:39 am

If the order goes to missing orders then it's not actually a canceled status. That just happens to be the first status in the dropdown list.

Could be that the PayPal IPN messages are not being sent or are not getting to your server. You could check your IPN settings and IPN history in PayPal.
https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-so ... perations/

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 pm

If it is the IPN thing, this gives some more info: https://www.antropy.co.uk/blog/opencart ... owing-ipn/

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by FnF » Thu May 26, 2022 7:23 am

Thanks Add Creative and paulfeakins. I'm going to look into this and see what I can come up. I appreciate the info.
Crossing my fingers...

FnF

Post by FnF » Thu May 26, 2022 5:54 pm

Spoke with Paypal support last night and they said that if we are getting email notifications that money has been paid to our account (which we are) that their system is working correctly and this issues lies with the 3rd party cart software.
The call back and the email notification are not the same thing are they? Something doesnt add to me with that.
We've opened a ticket with PP's merchant technical support today to see if they can provide a more knowledgeable approach.

FnF

Post by ADD Creative » Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 pm

The IPN callbacks and email notifications are two different things.

Have you checked your IPN history in your PayPal account? Firstly to check that IPNs are enabled in your settings and second that they are reaching your server. They all should have the status 'Sent' and an HTTP response code of '200'.

See PayPal'd documentation at the link below on how to check.
https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-so ... perations/

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by FnF » Fri May 27, 2022 6:34 am

Thanks ADD Creative. Much appreciated. And just as you pointed out the entire history shows delivery status "disabled". How it got disabled it, who knows cause everything worked fine until recently. I hear that a lot while researching this issue.

I do have one more question if you will. I read on a post from Qphoria a while back that Opencart dont really need to use a callback url because OC over rides that anyway. Is this still true?
I ask that because we are using several stores across several domains (different installs) now but all going through the same PayPal address.

FnF

Post by ADD Creative » Fri May 27, 2022 7:25 am

The correct call back URL is set on every order so it does not matter what your have it set to in your PayPal settings. You just need to make sure IPN delivery is enabled.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by FnF » Fri May 27, 2022 9:44 am

Please marked SOLVED
IPN updated, and enabled, sites tested successfully.
Thanks again for everything ADD Creative. I appreciate it very very much!!

Still not sure how the IPN notification got shut off. But for those watching this thread and wondering the same. WE DID have the wrong address in the IPN callback url (because we changed subdomains) which paypal noticed and refused to accept. They wont allow you to leave it blank either.
I simply typed in the new website address, hit save and they accepted it as a callback url. Tested successfully afterwards.

FnF

Post by ADD Creative » Fri May 27, 2022 5:46 pm

I believe if PayPal detect a problem with the IPN messages not being delivered they the will eventually disable them. Maybe the wrong domain was enough trigger this.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member