Post by satankoh666 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

Hi experts

Recently I change from Google workspace to Zoho mail service. However, contact form and order does not send any emails to admin. I had tried nearly everything I can search and find online and in this forum. Really need some guides.

Has also tried to change and add the lines in system -> library -> mail.php but also not working, has already change back to initial default after.

Thanks in advanced for any helps.

Things I had tried and result (had remove the actual domain from this message area and replace DOMAIN just to show.)

================================================================================
Mail Protocol: Mail
Mail Parameters: -fsales@DOMAIN.com
SMTP Hostname: tls//smtp.zoho.com
SMTP Username: sales@DOMAIN.com
SMTP Password: actual zoho mail pw
SMTP port: 587
SMTP Timeout: 5

Contact form – page shows sent, but admin does not receive any email.
Order – page shows order placed, admin does not receive any email. Customer received email
Error log: empty

=================================================================================

Mail Protocol: SMTP
Mail Parameters: -fsales@DOMAIN.com and also tried leaving blank
SMTP Hostname: tls//smtp.zoho.com
SMTP Username: sales@domain.com

Contact form – page error with black screen “This page isn't working at the moment www.DOMAIN.com can't currently handle this request.”
Order – page does not load to success page, stuck at checkout page

=================================================================================

SMTP Hostname: ssl//smtp.zoho.com
SMTP port: 465

Contact form – page error with black screen “This page isn't working at the moment www.DOMAIN.com can't currently handle this request.”

SMTP Hostname: tls//smtppro.zoho.com

SMTP Hostname: ssl//smtppro.zoho.com

SMTP Hostname: mail.DOMAIN.com

Contact form – page error with white screen “Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.DOMAIN.com:465 (Connection timed out) in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 167”
Error log: 2022-06-17 12:36:39 - PHP Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.DOMAIN.com:465 (Connection timed out) in /home/DOMAIN/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 167

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Mail Protocol: Mail send via the PHP mail function. Some host don't configure this correctly or at all. Admin mails could be going to spam or not routed correctly. Use an online mail deliverability tester and ask your host.

You are missing the : from tsl:// or ssl:// from you SMTP hostnames.

You need to check the PHP error long for errors, not the OpenCart one.
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mail.DOMAIN.com:465 (Connection timed out)
This tells you your server could not connect to the mail server. It could be the wrong SMTP hostnames. The timeout being too small. Or something blocking the connection.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by satankoh666 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

My mistake, I did put the ssl:// and tls://. I miss keying it here.

Mail Option, did not send the mail to spam, I had check, not in spam, not in junk, its just empty.

We are using SMTP protocol, we will try increasing the timeout, but I really doubt that is the issue.

Thanks
Ron

Post by Amy69 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

The error message "535 Authentication Failed" occurs when you have not updated the password of your Zoho Mail account, in the client from where your sending emails. DMVNow

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm

@satankoh666 : Is there any particular reason why you have to use Zoho Mail in the first place? In general, Zoho is quite an unprofessional company, with poor quality services. There are certainly better email service providers out there.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by satankoh666 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:44 pm

Hi JNeuhoff

Thank for your reply and sorry for my late reply. Yes, end of the day, we move to Google mail, and it works straight off the book.

Thanks
Ron