Post by zionhealth » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 am

I've been doing some testing on our v2.3.0.2 Opencart site, and I found a behavior with the Reward Point system, that we need to correct. I'm hoping someone can help me figure it out. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if we just have something set up incorrectly. What's happening?

I noticed that some of our customers have actually used more reward points than they have accumulated. So, to test, I used my personal account, and added 1500 reward points. I added a few items to the cart, then went to "Checkout" and applied the 1500 reward points, which were correctly deducted from the order. For payment method, I selected "Money Order", just so I didn't have to add any credit card info.

I then went into admin and changed the order status to "Complete". After that, I went back to the store and started a 2nd order, to make sure that the 1500 reward points were no longer available (since I used them on the first order). Sure enough, the 1500 points were gone, and no longer available.

Now here's where the problem occurs. I went back into admin, and changed the order status to "Shipped", which is what we do after we ship an order actually ships. I then started a 3rd test order on the front end, and sure enough, the 1500 reward points were again available.

Apparently, the reward point system deducted the points when the order status is set to "Complete", but gives the customer the rewards points back, once we change the order status to "Shipped", allowing customers to use the same reward points multiple times.

How do we fix this?

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:07 am

Upgrade to the latest version of Opencart. Lots of patches have been released since.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by zionhealth » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:46 am

We would probably do that, but we don't want to risk, breaking the website. We know just enough about Opencart, to be dangerous :o We have many extensions installed, and a custom Pavo Theme, which make it even more difficult. Does anyone know of a way to fix this rewards problem, on the last version of OC2, v2.3.0.2?

Post by zionhealth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:00 am

For anyone else experiencing similar problems, I think we may have resolved our issue with reward points re-appearing after the status has changed from "Complete" to "Shipped". We will keep an eye on it for a while,just to be sure.

In System>Settings>Edit>Option. Under "Complete Order Status", we only had "Complete" selected, so we also checked "Shipped". Now when the order is changed from Complete to Shipped in our system, The OC reward system still considers this a completed order, customers don't get the reward points added back to their account.

Post by Burt65 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 pm

zionhealth wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:00 am
For anyone else experiencing similar problems, I think we may have resolved our issue with reward points re-appearing after the status has changed from "Complete" to "Shipped". We will keep an eye on it for a while,just to be sure.

In System>Settings>Edit>Option. Under "Complete Order Status", we only had "Complete" selected, so we also checked "Shipped". Now when the order is changed from Complete to Shipped in our system, The OC reward system still considers this a completed order, customers don't get the reward points added back to their account.
Apologies for the late reply...
This is not a bug. I'm afraid what you wrote is also not correct. If you actually read the pop info under "Processing Order Status", it state that:
Set the order status the customer's order must reach before the order starts stock subtraction and coupon voucher and rewards redemption
It is probably not worded correctly but what does imply is that you need to tick every order status you need/use in your shop for OC to apply the changes to the above (stock, coupons, rewards...), while in the "Complete order Status" you need to tick what ever you are using as the last order status (most people would use Complete or Shipped) Again you need to tick all the ones that apply to your shop...

In simple term, if you have only "Complete" selected as a order status in Processing and "Shipped" as a order status in Complete. as far as OC the rewards point haven't been used as the current order status is Shipped and for OC to remove the rewards point it actually need to be set to Complete (because you have tick only complete under processing but not shipped)

I hope it makes sense...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz