Post by cabn12 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:16 am

Good night everyone, I have a store in version 2.0.3.1, when trying to use a discount coupon code in the store for all products and departments it is configured to be used only once per customer, but the same customer can use more times! When checking the coupon's history database, I see that it no longer records who used the coupon, and that's why any customer uses it as many times as they want! there's a way to solve this.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:00 pm

What theme and extensions are you using? What payment extensions are you using? Does it work correctly if you use a simple payment extension such as Cash On Delivery?

Could be related to this issue.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/3657

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by cabn12 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:03 pm

The coupon works with any payment extension I'm using the basic theme the problem is that the user can use the same coupon more than once, ie it doesn't block the use more than once I want the user to use the coupon only once and not more times (once per user)

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:17 pm

It is to do with the statuses in the settings option tab

Try setting the processing order status to processing and the complete order status to complete, pending, processed, processing & shipped .. that should work.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 pm

cabn12 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:03 pm
The coupon works with any payment extension I'm using the basic theme the problem is that the user can use the same coupon more than once, ie it doesn't block the use more than once I want the user to use the coupon only once and not more times (once per user)
If you use the coupon with a simple simple payment extension such as Cash On Delivery, does it get blocked next time?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:16 pm

.. and as a side note that might not be obvious is that the customer would have to be logged in ..

The coupon gets removed at the same stage as the stock, so if the order complete status is not reached it does not remove it.

If the settings are all correct and the system is being used correctly, and it still is allowing for multiple uses, then it might be elsewhere.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by megalca » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:13 am

Hi good day and happy Friday.
I am having this issue Open Cart 3.0.3 but with customers that are not logged in.
In other words 'guest" customers are using the same coupon more than once even though coupon usage is limited to one.
Any suggestions?
thanks!

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:37 pm

megalca wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:13 am
Hi good day and happy Friday.
I am having this issue Open Cart 3.0.3 but with customers that are not logged in.
In other words 'guest" customers are using the same coupon more than once even though coupon usage is limited to one.
Any suggestions?
thanks!
OpenCart can't distinguish between guest customers so you need to have Customer Login set to Yes in the coupon settings. This will of course only allow registered customers to use a coupon. There is also nothing to stop a customer registering twice.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by megalca » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:53 am

Thanks for the reply!
I did place change the CUSTOMER LOGIN setting from NO to YES so that customers have to Login to be able to use a coupon (since it is a 1st time customer purchase coupon)
but when the coupon code is used I just see a generic: "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached its usage limit!" message so the customer does not know they have to login to get the coupon discount.
Is there a way to let the customer know that they need to login to get that 1st time buyer discount coupon?
thanks

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:51 am

megalca wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:53 am
Thanks for the reply!
I did place change the CUSTOMER LOGIN setting from NO to YES so that customers have to Login to be able to use a coupon (since it is a 1st time customer purchase coupon)
but when the coupon code is used I just see a generic: "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached its usage limit!" message so the customer does not know they have to login to get the coupon discount.
Is there a way to let the customer know that they need to login to get that 1st time buyer discount coupon?
thanks
Not without making make changes to the code or changing the message.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member