Post by sidotij » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 am

I'm adding this note to github as well..

I'm running the USPS extension in debug mode and I can see that it returning the data for First-Class Package Service - Retail
but not displaying in on the checkout page

<Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail Stamped Letter</MailService><Rate>0.70</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="78"><MailService>First-Class Mail Metered Letter</MailService><Rate>0.65</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Package Service - Retail</MailService><Rate>3.78</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="0"><MailService>First-Class Mail Large Envelope</MailService><Rate>1.15</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>USPS Retail Ground</MailService><Rate>7.95</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.75</Rate></Postage>
<Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail Parcel</MailService><Rate>2.61</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

Post by sidotij » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am

potential solution
I was looking in the repo and saw that usps.php was newer than the one in the download package so I replaced it with the one in github and I now have the proper shipping options

John

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 am

sidotij wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am
potential solution
I was looking in the repo and saw that usps.php was newer than the one in the download package so I replaced it with the one in github and I now have the proper shipping options

John
Thanks for letting us know. An additional note would be to indicate to uninstall the extension and clear the OC cache if no effect is being taken after replacing the file. Then, to reinstall the extension.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by exibar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am

sidotij wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am
potential solution

John
exactly which files did you replace? just the catalog/model/extension/shipping/usps.php file?

I htought I had this issue fixed but now it's back much to my dismay...
where did you find yoru replacement files exactly?

thanks!
Mike B

Post by exibar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 pm

darn, USPS seems to be broken again... I had this working, I swear I did!
Howver, now I have no first class options at all showing up. I've even switched the PHP file completely over to what is up on GitHub here:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... g/usps.php

and still not a one first class option showing up.

any thoughts please? first class if vital to use as it is usually what is shipped using... I had to resort to puttinf a flat rate shipping option on my page :-(

OC version 3.0.3.1

thank you!
Mike B

Attachments

2019-04-03 23_59_03-Checkout.jpg

2019-04-03 23_59_03-Checkout.jpg (48.18 KiB) Viewed 2919 times

Post by exibar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

when I set the extension into DEBUG mode, where is the log kept exactly please?

Post by exibar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 pm

anyone find an actual fix for this?

perhaps if I take all the USPS code from github and place it on my site? only issue is I don't knwo what all the pieces are that are needed...
I've tried removing the extention and re-installing to no avail..
I've tried modifying th eusps.php file with the "...-retail" portion and that worked for a couple days but is no longer working... without any changes to my site it just stopped working..

any thoughts? first class postage is critical :-(

thanks!
Mike B

Post by exibar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:40 pm

heck at this point I'll even consider PAYING for a usps module that works :-(

Post by exibar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 am

at this point the USPS module STILL DOES NOT WORK even with a totally fresh install of ocart from scratch.... I enabled usps shipping extention, added my username into the config, and still nothing appearing for USPS shipping options...

this is getting rediculous... I noticed the usps.php file STILL DOES NOT have the correct option within the array... I changed the array contents and it's still broken...

what will it take to get a working USPS shipping module for OCART....

yes, I'm extremely frustrated at this point... to the point I'm looking for a new ecart....

mike B

Post by exibar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:54 pm

well hog my hooter and would you look at that!

I installed CUBECART, and the USPS shipping module works PERFECTLY!!! and it will even allow import from a CVS of my products and categories etc.... It handles images SO MUCH better than Ocart ever did, and is much easier to configure and setup... right down to the nice little HTML customer purchase thank you / confirmation messages too!

buh-bye opencart and all your ridiculous problems.... STILL having the issue with USPS after over 3 years is ridiculous, I'm sorry but it is...

Hello CUBECART! :-) <<< happy dance >>>

Post by websiteworld » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:47 am

I replaced this file and mine shows first class now- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openc ... g/usps.php

Post by exibar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm

yup, I tried that too... still no go.... It might have somethign to do with my provider too as I get intermittent error 500's for cannot allocate memory...
but I fail to see how this would prevent JUST first class stuff from showing up... even with a total scratch install, no first class options there....

I've switched over to another system, and it's absolutely amazing... I'll never look back to Ocart again

Mike B

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:31 am

exibar wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm
yup, I tried that too... still no go.... It might have somethign to do with my provider too as I get intermittent error 500's for cannot allocate memory...
but I fail to see how this would prevent JUST first class stuff from showing up... even with a total scratch install, no first class options there....

I've switched over to another system, and it's absolutely amazing... I'll never look back to Ocart again

Mike B
Isn't it just great when people don't post their error / server access logs regarding these errors.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by exibar » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:41 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:31 am
exibar wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Mike B
Isn't it just great when people don't post their error / server access logs regarding these errors.
oh gee, isn't it great when you don't get a reply to a question on a "support" forum? Like I NEVER DID back on December 5th? and yes the memory error log entry was pasted into that message....
so don't go playing that game of "isn't it nice when users don't help us help them"... becasue this all simply re-enforces my happiness with CUBECART right now... works perfectly :-)

Attachments

2019-04-20 14_39_42-(2) error during upgrade from 1.5.6 - OpenCart Community.jpg

2019-04-20 14_39_42-(2) error during upgrade from 1.5.6 - OpenCart Community.jpg (70.72 KiB) Viewed 2782 times

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:46 am

Have it your way with Cubecart. Everybody has their opinion about which platforms to use. However, you should definitely note the lack of Service Design and security being implemented regarding the centralization of their super global variables.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by websiteworld » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:42 am

First Class Shipping is not working again! :-(

Post by websiteworld » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:36 pm

Figured it out! First-Class Mail Parcel needs changed to First-Class Package Service - Retail on line 358 of the USPS. There might be others that are wrong too, but this will make the first class rates show again.

Code: Select all

$firstclasses = array (
						'First-Class Package Service - Retail',
						'First-Class Mail Large Envelope',
						'First-Class Mail Stamped Letter',
						'First-Class Mail Postcards'
					);

Post by Cue4cheap » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:12 pm

websiteworld wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:36 pm
Figured it out! First-Class Mail Parcel needs changed to First-Class Package Service - Retail on line 358 of the USPS. There might be others that are wrong too, but this will make the first class rates show again.

Code: Select all

$firstclasses = array (
						'First-Class Package Service - Retail',
						'First-Class Mail Large Envelope',
						'First-Class Mail Stamped Letter',
						'First-Class Mail Postcards'
					);
Thank you for figuring that out and posting it.

Did you now notice the rates are no longer in price order? I now have the First-Class Package Service - Retail show up after Priority Mail 2-Day and Priority Mail Express 2-Day. So it is sort of hidden as the last selection even though it is a lower price. Sort of puts the customers off a bit with the fact that it is something like $8.85, $34.80 then $4.90.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member