Post by print-n-tees » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Hello Everyone...

I was wondering of there is such an extension or can something be created custom either a modification or an extension? I sell candy bar wrappers and invitations like for children's parties and events. Here is a test product so you see what I mean:

http://printingforparties.com/test-001

Most of my designs can be sold as either a digital file where the customer can print it themselves or they can buy the product finished from me. In selling printed... I have to employ minimums. Usually 24 or 40 is the minimum I can print. However with digital items... the customer only needs to order one. Right now I have to have 2 different items listed if I want to handle digital and printed items... which is a lot of exttra work. So Im wondering can I have a custom option... lets say... Digital or Printed? Where if the customer select Digital.. the minimum and maximum purchase amount will change to 1 and all discount related information near the pricing is removed. If they choose printed items... the minimum and discounts remain the same.

In both scenarios... the other options that will be on the product stays the same.... but on printed items I would like to add one option for wrappers only or Wrappers with Candy Bars. But that should be flagged on each product as some products such as invitations do not get candy bars... so for them the additional option would not be necessary.

Finally... I was wondering if I can have a description field or 2 description fields for options... one above the option and one below the option that will allow me to add info if needed for each option in the admin.

Can this be done and if so what would it cost?

I have Opencart 3.0.2.0 and running it with Journal2

Angelina

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Technically, that could be done. Although, that would be ... a lot of extra work to code your requests if no extensions have been published to do such things already as it would be almost impossible to maintain between version releases of Opencart when upgrade operations must occur if these developments would be done through an extension ...

Rather rely on a provider that can either capture and deliver those values than for you to maintain entirely since, working with Product Options, it's pretty much based on: 'If one fails, all fails'.

As for the gift wrapper, an extension could probably do it: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... earch=gift wrapper . An order total module could also deliver the needs as to specify the gift wrapping products from the cart page very easily, however.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by print-n-tees » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:38 am

Happy Halloween!!

When I mentioned wrappers... I meant the product I sell... candy bar wrappers. Not gift wrapping. :)

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 am

It could probably be done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by print-n-tees » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:20 am

is this something you can do? Lole develop on your side... and then provide me with the files and instructions on how to install?

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:47 am

For this type of request, I would suggest posting this in the commercial support section of the forum.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by print-n-tees » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 am

Ill do that. First I will take some time and make mock-up images of what I am looking for so its clear as to what I need done. As usual.. thank you again. Happy Halloween!!

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:55 am

No problem, happy Halloween !

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON