Post by RYoder97 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:19 am

I'm creating a POS system that will allow me to ring orders and do returns. However, in order to do returns I need access to the admin controllers/models without the need for a token.

I understand this may be a security risk, however, I've decided to keep my POS app separate from OC so that if my web host has issues or there is a power outage, I can still do cash transactions via a Raspberry Pi 4 connected to a UPS.

Now, I'm also open to a way to log in using an AJAX request, if there is a way to do so. Like, if I create a user with only privileges for certain things and I POST a request to get the data I need to read/update.

Appreciate any help!

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:07 pm

I've decided to keep my POS app separate from OC so that if my web host has issues or there is a power outage, I can still do cash transactions via a Raspberry Pi 4 connected to a UPS.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by RYoder97 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:48 am

So...no actual support? Just a reply laughing at how I am integrating an entire POS solution into OpenCart? Cool...

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:40 am

Now, I'm also open to a way to log in using an AJAX request, if there is a way to do so. Like, if I create a user with only privileges for certain things and I POST a request to get the data I need to read/update.

Appreciate any help!
See my repository to use the external API with Opencart that supports JSON requests: https://github.com/straightlight/openca ... upload/api .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON