Post by webdesires » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Hello,
So we have been applying Cloud to many of our OCMOD 3.x plugins that we have. It says all plugins will be "added to a queue awaiting approval before it will appear" - which is OK.

What is not OK is that after more than a week we have no indication that they are either still waiting approval, approved, denied or anything?

So how does the process work, has anyone else gone through this, do we expect to be notified at all? How long does it take?

Sorry for all the questions, we just want to make sure we have done everything properly, and what we expect to get to know if we have or not.

Regards, WebDesires.
We are a team of developers in the UK - professional and friendly, message us or give us a call anytime and we will be happy to help.

Phone: +44 (0) 121 318 6336 - Web: webdesires.co.uk - Skype: WebDesires
OpenCart Support - OpenCart Web Development - Our OpenCart Plugins

Location - West Midlands, United Kingdom

Post by PetrMindl » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:16 pm

Hello

We have a similar problem. We were denied for Cloud, but when we asked exactly what we did wrong, no one answered us.
In addition, according to the specifications in the Store, we got everything.

Any help?

Best regards
Petr Mindl
Mergado e-shop solutions consultant

tel.: +420 608 44 00 67
e-mail: petr.mindl@mergado.com
web: www.mergado.com
Do yo have further questions? Check our Help center or Mergado Pack forum.

Post by thekrotek » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Just ignore the cloud version. Most store owners use standalone.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by webdesires » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:42 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:26 pm
Just ignore the cloud version. Most store owners use standalone.
Well this is bad advice, since many people now are using the extension search from within OpenCart itself, we have had a few people now say they could not find plugins and then when we have sent links have said "oh I didnt know not all plugins were available from the extension search in my dashboard" or "oh i didnt know this existed".

It is clear that people either dont know there are more plugin on the actual marketplace, or do not know it exists at all. Because they immediately see they can search and purchase extensions from the OpenCart dashboard.

If opencart want to continue this practice, we as developers need a better way to handle this, we need to be treated properly with a proper process for approval and denials, else the whole thing is a joke.

Regards, WebDesires.
We are a team of developers in the UK - professional and friendly, message us or give us a call anytime and we will be happy to help.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Like I said, not much people are actually using cloud version of OpenCart and browse only the Marketplace from OC admin. This isn't a WordPress, both upgrade routine and Marketplace functionality are half-baked in OpenCart as many other things. This has always been this way and this will always be. So my advice is actually pretty good and will save you a lot of time.

Marketplace on opencart.com still the best and most popular source for extensions, which every store owner starts using sooner or later.

Expert Member

Post by litextension » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:20 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 pm
Like I said, not much people are actually using cloud version of OpenCart and browse only the Marketplace from OC admin. This isn't a WordPress, both upgrade routine and Marketplace functionality are half-baked in OpenCart as many other things. This has always been this way and this will always be. So my advice is actually pretty good and will save you a lot of time.

Marketplace on opencart.com still the best and most popular source for extensions, which every store owner starts using sooner or later.
you're right. Thank you for sharing!!!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Visit us at: https://litextension.com

Post by webdesires » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:14 am

thekrotek wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 pm

No... plugins will not appear in the marketplace in OC admin... at least NONE of ours do... so I assume you have to be approved for the CLOUD in order to appear in the OC admin AND on CLOUD stores...

So AGAIN you are wrong, this IS important as I have already explained.

Regards, WebDesires.

Post by thekrotek » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:09 am

webdesires wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:14 am
No... plugins will not appear in the marketplace in OC admin... at least NONE of ours do... so I assume you have to be approved for the CLOUD in order to appear in the OC admin AND on CLOUD stores...
Please, pay attention to what I said. I was talking about Marketplace on opencart.com, NOT about Marketplace on OC admin.
webdesires wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:14 am
So AGAIN you are wrong, this IS important as I have already explained.
So AGAIN I am very much right and you DO NOT need any approval to get listed in Marketplace on opencart.com, if you don't check the Cloud version. Uncheck it and be happy.

Expert Member

Post by grgr » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:51 pm

I do add my extensions to the cloud version where suitable and in fact have gone to the trouble to make them cloud-able, this is more for the sake of it and with an eye to the possibility it may actually, eventually, possibly become an actual thing, and then at least I'm ahead of the curve so to speak.

Even though, I agree with thekrotek - if there is anything that I want, then I just google it, it is much easier and you get results and especially so if it is something a little bit different where you don't really know what the extension might be called or what keywords you might use to find it.

In answer to the actual question, then the first extension to get approval took so long that I can't remember how long - we're talking many, many, many months. After that first one I had a bit of a flurry of them being approved over the course of a couple of weeks. The latest one to be approved was the Khmer Translation one which was uploaded on 19 June and was approved 4 September.

That should give you some idea of expectations.

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK