Post by niroc » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 am

Since yesterday PayPal Standard extension has stopped working after years of being reliable. We go through the checkout fine, then PayPal throws up a message "Things don't seem to be working at the moment. Please try again later." The URL looks like this

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shopping ... re_numbers

I have found a bit of discussion of this error in the forums but no solutions. I would really appreciate help with this, please. I'm using OC 3.0.3.6, default theme, with the Category and Product-Based Shipping extension from Clear Thinking.

I have also tried setting up PayPal Express as an alternative but Paypal Configure Live just takes me to a Page Not Found on my own site instead of to Paypal.

Post by sw!tch » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:54 am

niroc wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 am
after years of being reliable.
OC 3.0.3.6, hasn't been out for years. Did you check for extra spaces in the form output? I would double check the form output see if anything sticks out.

Also state your PHP version.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work / Fast Support.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Location - USA

Post by khnaz35 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:26 am

Check in your console if you are seeing any other error.

Are you using any extension to create pdf invoice or anything coupons etc which involves in checkout process?
I encounter same error before but it was happening due to a different extension which was creating pdf of invoice. Upon fixing that issue the error for paypal went away.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by niroc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 am

Panic over. Thank you to all who replied. As my humble contribution to the corpus of knowledge, here's what it was. The text of a new option I had created exceeded 64 characters. I never knew this limit existed or that it would affect PayPal, but there you go. Lesson learned.

Post by by mona » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:01 am

niroc wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:48 am
Panic over. Thank you to all who replied. As my humble contribution to the corpus of knowledge, here's what it was. The text of a new option I had created exceeded 64 characters. I never knew this limit existed or that it would affect PayPal, but there you go. Lesson learned.
:clap:

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Spinning Social : Links : Menus : Payments : Socials : Ads : Screen Backgrounds : Galleries : Headers : Banners : Promos