Post by mykool » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi To all I'm trying to find out if there is any extensions or the likes to let me have options with the price in it.

The best way to explain is we sell clothing and an option is to have embroidery on the left pocket and it would be 10 dollars currently I have to do this for each product and add the price.
I would like to just price my decoration options and add the lines I what to be available to the customer and the price is there this would save a lot of time as I have 400 product x by 20 options

any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:56 pm

mykool wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:18 pm
Hi To all I'm trying to find out if there is any extensions or the likes to let me have options with the price in it.

The best way to explain is we sell clothing and an option is to have embroidery on the left pocket and it would be 10 dollars currently I have to do this for each product and add the price.
I would like to just price my decoration options and add the lines I what to be available to the customer and the price is there this would save a lot of time as I have 400 product x by 20 options

Mike
Did you try the default product options?

http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/catalog/product/option/

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by RicardoMoutinho » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:34 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:56 pm
mykool wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:18 pm

Mike
Did you try the default product options?

http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/catalog/product/option/
I think he is talking about doing it MASSIVE, not 1 by 1

Post by mykool » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am

hi yes, I'm trying to set the price for the majority and not do them 1 by 1 in the product if I have a large number to do it is very long-winded doing the same thing over and over

Post by rjcalifornia » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:20 am

mykool wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am
hi yes, I'm trying to set the price for the majority and not do them 1 by 1 in the product if I have a large number to do it is very long-winded doing the same thing over and over
That's not gonna be easy. One way to do it is importing an excel file with the product id and its options. May be this can help:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=35099

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 am

Or, by using a service with an API.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by mykool » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:20 am
mykool wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:19 am
That's not gonna be easy. One way to do it is by importing an excel file with the product id and its options. Maybe this can help:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=35099
I have an import-export but you can only do that if the option or product has been created. I'm after being able to set the price from the options, not in the product, by thank you for your input and readying my topic.

Post by mykool » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 am

straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 am
I understand what your saying but some times it is the only option if open cart hasn't got what the customer wants.
but thank you for reading and having input on my topic.

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 am

mykool wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 am
straightlight wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 am
I understand what your saying but some times it is the only option if open cart hasn't got what the customer wants.
but thank you for reading and having input on my topic.
Then, you might be looking for custom development since handling product options can be experienced as a massive task in the end. Better yet to use an import / export tool from the Marketplace or considering a synced service via a product service provider. In order to accomplish such feature, I would recommend creating a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON