Post by Takano888 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:21 pm

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with an error at checkout.

Upon entering your details/email address. you get prompted with an error when trying to complete order.
Warning: E-Mail Address is already registered!

The email address seems to automatically register on the admin side as soon as they enter any email address on the checkout page. I have tested this by entering random emails and get prompted with the warning message when I try to complete the order.

OC version 3.0.3.2
Theme: Journal 3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

email reg error 2.png

email reg error 2.png (13.79 KiB) Viewed 476 times

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 am

Takano888 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:21 pm
stered!

The email address seems to automatically register on the admin side as soon as they enter any email address on the checkout page.
Did you check if the email is being registered as soon as it is entered in the email field? Are you using any validation extension?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by Takano888 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 am
Takano888 wrote:
stered!

The email address seems to automatically register on the admin side as soon as they enter any email address on the checkout page.
Did you check if the email is being registered as soon as it is entered in the email field? Are you using any validation extension?
Yes the email automatically gets registered as I can see it in the admin side of things. I am using an abandoned cart module however I do not think this is the culprit as the problem is still there when I disable this module.

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:32 pm

Takano888 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 pm
rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:08 am
Takano888 wrote:
stered!

Yes the email automatically gets registered as I can see it in the admin side of things. I am using an abandoned cart module however I do not think this is the culprit as the problem is still there when I disable this module.
It must be some custom code or another extension doing that. Opencart does not save an email when you type it.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:42 am

Journal is not supported on the forum. Since this incident request is about an extension, please contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON