Post by Kimberlee@HSD » Sat May 15, 2021 3:24 am

I am brand new to this and have had one issue after another. The most recent is with shipping. I have my payments set to PayPal Standard Payment. When a customer makes a purchase, the sale comes through fine, but their address does not transfer over to PayPal, which doesn't allow PayPal to offer a 'print shipping label' option. I MUST be able to purchase and print my labels directly through PayPal.
Any assistance?

Post by straightlight » Sat May 15, 2021 4:32 am

OC version.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 15, 2021 5:01 am

Kimberlee@HSD wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:24 am
I am brand new to this and have had one issue after another. The most recent is with shipping. I have my payments set to PayPal Standard Payment. When a customer makes a purchase, the sale comes through fine, but their address does not transfer over to PayPal, which doesn't allow PayPal to offer a 'print shipping label' option. I MUST be able to purchase and print my labels directly through PayPal.
Any assistance?
Every PayPal account has a preferred address, which is usually displayed. Sometimes it may differ from the one customer set in OpenCart. And yes, as far as I remember, with PP Standard address is not passed and default one is taken. Which actually doesn't limit you from printing labels.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Kimberlee@HSD » Sat May 15, 2021 5:39 am

[/quote]
Every PayPal account has a preferred address, which is usually displayed. Sometimes it may differ from the one customer set in OpenCart. And yes, as far as I remember, with PP Standard address is not passed and default one is taken. Which actually doesn't limit you from printing labels.
[/quote]

Opencart is not allowing the customer address to be shown in PayPal, which prevents me from having the option 'print shipping label' on PayPal. It has nothing to do with preferred addresses. There has to be some setting in Opencart preventing the address from being shared with PayPal. I have called and spoken to two people already at PayPal and both have advised its an Opencart issue, somewhere in some settings, that is preventing the address from being shared.

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 15, 2021 5:58 am

You can always ask for commercial support.

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 am

PayPal Standard Improvements fixes this. It will send the address to PayPal, as well as separate out the Shipping, Taxes, and other fees/discounts on the order into their own line items.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and extension description, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Kimberlee@HSD » Sat May 15, 2021 6:08 am

Johnathan wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 am
PayPal Standard Improvements fixes this. It will send the address to PayPal, as well as separate out the Shipping, Taxes, and other fees/discounts on the order into their own line items.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and extension description, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.
Soooo, I have to pay $17 in some slim hopes that it might fix something that shouldn't even be an issue? No thanks. Opencart is useless.

Post by by mona » Sat May 15, 2021 6:53 am

Kimberlee@HSD wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:08 am
Johnathan wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 am

Soooo, I have to pay $17 in some slim hopes that it might fix something that shouldn't even be an issue? No thanks. Opencart is useless.
Hi Kimberly,

Welcome to Opencart.

If Jonathan says it does what you want, it does what you want.

Just so you are aware, Opencart is free, we are not affiliated with Opencart and we are definitely are the wrong address to vent your frustrations. Please understand the more users who are unappreciative our our free time and insult our work, the more likely users will have to pay for these services in the future.

Just be nice, I know Opencart and this forum is frustrating sometimes, but we are the only people around helping you.

If you would like to get the best out of this forum, please always post your OC version, any themes or extensions that might effect the issue and sometimes we need logs and web addresses - it is forum etiquette to add [SOLVED] to the title once it has been solved.

Kind regards

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Kimberlee@HSD wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:08 am
You either do things yourself or pay someone to do it for you. This is how life goes in its EVERY aspect. I'm pretty sure you also want to be paid for your job, so don't blame others if you offer you a paid service.

Expert Member

Post by ADD Creative » Sat May 15, 2021 7:17 pm

The problem is PayPal Standard is very limited and seems to work differently depending on what countries the seller and customer are in. And because it only accepts you can get all kinds on issues depending in what address the customers enters or changed where.

For passing the shipping address see the changes here. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/9463

Basically try the two latest files in the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance branch on GitHub.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... ndard.twig
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... andard.php

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom