Post by lukehackett85 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:43 am

Hello,

I have a website which sells physical items as well as digital codes.

I run opencart 3.0.3.2 in a shared hosting environment and do not use a VPS.

I have an addon which automatically sends digital codes when a customer orders items of that nature. Basically each product has a tick box on its data tab saying "Would you like to sell serial keys?"

The idea is that if I want to sell a serial key, I'll tick the box and then click a button to enter some text codes, this will prompt a mail to be sent to the customer with title "Titan Cards Order XXXXX - Your Online Codes" on successful checkout.

The addon works - when someone orders the codes, they get them. However the problem I am having lately is that people who order Physical products where that box is ticked are also receiving an email with heading "Titan Cards Order XXXXX - Your Online Codes" of course creating confusion for the customer.

I need someone to find out why this email is being sent in error to people who have not ordered any serial keys, codes (they have ordered from products where those things are not ticked). Only people who have bought products that have the Checkbox ticks for selling digital codes should get this email.

Could I please post this as a commercial request and get quotes/timescales for this fix?

Thank you

Luke

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:40 am

lukehackett85 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:43 am
Hello,

I have a website which sells physical items as well as digital codes.

I run opencart 3.0.3.2 in a shared hosting environment and do not use a VPS.

I have an addon which automatically sends digital codes when a customer orders items of that nature. Basically each product has a tick box on its data tab saying "Would you like to sell serial keys?"

The idea is that if I want to sell a serial key, I'll tick the box and then click a button to enter some text codes, this will prompt a mail to be sent to the customer with title "Titan Cards Order XXXXX - Your Online Codes" on successful checkout.

The addon works - when someone orders the codes, they get them. However the problem I am having lately is that people who order Physical products where that box is ticked are also receiving an email with heading "Titan Cards Order XXXXX - Your Online Codes" of course creating confusion for the customer.

I need someone to find out why this email is being sent in error to people who have not ordered any serial keys, codes (they have ordered from products where those things are not ticked). Only people who have bought products that have the Checkbox ticks for selling digital codes should get this email.

Could I please post this as a commercial request and get quotes/timescales for this fix?

Thank you

Luke
You could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to have this issue investigated as a custom job. Alternatively, since this issue also seem to be about an extension, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue prior to create a service request.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Contact that Serial Keys addon developer.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Redundancy.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON