Post by CJC » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:36 pm

Hi All,
In my Fedex module I have enabled Fedex 3 Day Freight, Fedex Express Saver, Fedex Ground and Standard Overnight. When testing the checkout process the only Fedex options being displayed are Standard Overnight and Fedex Express Saver. Any ideas why the other 2 options aren't being offered?

OC 3.0.3.7; default template

CJC

Post by straightlight » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 pm

CJC wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Hi All,
In my Fedex module I have enabled Fedex 3 Day Freight, Fedex Express Saver, Fedex Ground and Standard Overnight. When testing the checkout process the only Fedex options being displayed are Standard Overnight and Fedex Express Saver. Any ideas why the other 2 options aren't being offered?

Better to use an up-to-date extension from the Marketplace rather than using the one delivered from the core since core extensions are no longer supported on anyhow.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 pm

CJC wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:36 pm
Hi All,

Which FeDex extension are you using?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by CJC » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:00 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 pm
Which FeDex extension are you using?
The default one that was installed with OC.

CJC

Post by Gergely » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:02 pm

Hi CJC,

I don't know what the internal logic of FedEx is, it could be that certain shipping options are not compatible with some parameters of the order.

It might also have something to do with line 56 from catalog/model/extension/shipping/fedex.php

Code: Select all

// Whoever introduced xml to shipping companies should be flogged

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 pm

CJC wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:00 pm

I strongly suggest you to try another FedEx extension, such as this one for example:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=38284
Note: Use a development site to test extensions.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by CJC » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:58 am

Looking at that now. Have you used it?
rjcalifornia wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 pm
CJC wrote:

I strongly suggest you to try another FedEx extension, such as this one for example:

CJC

Post by MajorPain » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 am

CJC wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:58 am
rjcalifornia wrote:
CJC wrote:

I've tried it and I find the shipping quotes are extremely high. Quotes that should be $30-35 are coming up in the $80+ range. I also tried the default fedex extension and it's getting the same high prices. I think they are sending bad info/dimensions and returning bad pricing.

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am

MajorPain wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 am
CJC wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:58 am
rjcalifornia wrote:

I've tried it and I find the shipping quotes are extremely high. Quotes that should be $30-35 are coming up in the $80+ range. I also tried the default fedex extension and it's getting the same high prices. I think they are sending bad info/dimensions and returning bad pricing.
Contact the extension developer to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by CJC » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:30 pm

MajorPain wrote:
By any chance do you have 'use realtime rates' turned off? I did install the extension and it is working correctly as I get the same rates as I would if I went to their website.

CJC

Post by MajorPain » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm

CJC wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:30 pm
MajorPain wrote:
By any chance do you have 'use realtime rates' turned off? I did install the extension and it is working correctly as I get the same rates as I would if I went to their website.
I checked it again last, and the prices seem to be correct now. So not sure if it needed a day to reset itself or maybe there was an issue on Fedex end that they have corrected. Currently using it with 3.0.3.8

Post by straightlight » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:48 pm

MajorPain wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 pm
CJC wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:30 pm
MajorPain wrote:
I checked it again last, and the prices seem to be correct now. So not sure if it needed a day to reset itself or maybe there was an issue on Fedex end that they have corrected. Currently using it with 3.0.3.8
Might be related to cache delays in this case the extension might be either using or because you may have done modifications where OC cache from the OC admin needed to be cleared prior to see the next changes of the rates.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by by mona » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 am

Bit late to the party, but the fedex module doesn't log what it sends and only responses upon errors.
You could log what you send and receive regardless by:

adding after:

curl_close($curl);
this:

// full trace - log xml send to fedex
$this->log->write('FEDEX FULL TRACE SEND: '.$xml);

adding this:

// full trace - log full response
$this->log->write('FEDEX FULL TRACE RESPONSE: '.$response);
before this:

$rate_reply_details = $dom->getElementsByTagName('RateReplyDetails');

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member