Post by GraemeH » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 am

I am working on a site for someone that sells wooden gates. Each product has an option for size (16 sizes available) Material (5 types of wood available) Horns (8 types of styling). I have used dependent options so no matter what selection of options are chosen, a price is provided. He now wants another option that will allow the customer to choose whether they have ironmongery on the left side, or right side (easy enough) or have a pair (one of each) that would double the price.

Does anyone know of an extension for options that when a pair is selected , the price would be doubled of whatever options have been selected? I can't even get my head around how i would do this with dependent options due to the number of initial options that are selected.

I can't even suggest the customer just adds 2 in the cart as he is a wholesaler and sells multiple quantities of just left hand or right hand ones anyway.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Using opencart 3.0.3.8.

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:12 pm

GraemeH wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 am
I am working on a site for someone that sells wooden gates. Each product has an option for size (16 sizes available) Material (5 types of wood available) Horns (8 types of styling). I have used dependent options so no matter what selection of options are chosen, a price is provided. He now wants another option that will allow the customer to choose whether they have ironmongery on the left side, or right side (easy enough) or have a pair (one of each) that would double the price.

Does anyone know of an extension for options that when a pair is selected , the price would be doubled of whatever options have been selected? I can't even get my head around how i would do this with dependent options due to the number of initial options that are selected.

I can't even suggest the customer just adds 2 in the cart as he is a wholesaler and sells multiple quantities of just left hand or right hand ones anyway.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Using opencart 3.0.3.8.
There are some commercial extensions that lets you add options, multiple options, with different prices:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=34838
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... chnologies

Try the demos to check if one of those fits your needs.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by by mona » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm

If the above fits your needs great, but I do not see a problem in the first instance.

I am a customer - I want gates -
I choose my gates and wood and size and finish - that is one dependant option.
My ironmongery is a different option. [ left / right / both ?? ] - left or right from the inside or the outside - I presume the outside !!!
Fitting is a third option.

Yes I know there is a weight restriction, no different from the odd kitchen door is not suitable for all kind of handles
for that there is a small *not suitable for x,y,z
Then it is MY CHOICE and you informed me of the risks.

Think about the “old” way when hard copy catalogues existed and not force everything automated. The customer actually likes to understand rather than be restricted. It is my choice IF I want to get my hardware from you - you sell gates - don’t force me - It is also my choice IF I want to use this type of hanging mechanism when the weight is slightly over.

Then for the people who just want to buy the ironmongery (or more quality) that is a completely different product.
Add a link / related items

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member