Post by RiguPhoto » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:38 am

An update/change to the way that eBay's APIs has caused parts of OpenBay Pro to break, and it has been this way since at least early November as far as I can tell. There was no communication from the developer publicly but they have confirmed it to me via support. Some functions of some parts of the extension still work, but crucially it's not syncing the inventory as items aren't linked between OC and eBay.

I've looked in the Marketplace but can't see any similar extensions out there that offer similar functionality (inventory syncing between OC and eBay, and being able to create eBay listings direct from OC). Have I somehow missed them or do others not exist?

I'm surprised that there's not been any discussion of this here or elsewhere on the internet as I had always presumed that OpenBay Pro was an extension that was used by a lot of store owners. Any help would be appreciated, my eBay sales are down about 80% on what they should be at the moment because of this issue so I'm very keen to get everything running again.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 am

Post on Commercial section and pay a developer to fix the issues.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by RiguPhoto » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:36 pm

I completely understand where you're coming from, and if this was an abandoned extension that was no longer receiving updates I'd agree, butOpenBay is a service that is on a monthly fee and (supposedly) has a developer working on it that hasn't been able to fix the issue for about 3 months now.

I don't know if their service runs through their servers or if it goes directly from my site to eBay, so even if I were to hire a developer they might not be able to fix it without access to their server anyway.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:48 pm

You can search on Maketplace for another Ebay syncing/integration.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... earch=ebay
Or maybe another forum user can tell you the best extension, because I don't use Ebay to tell you.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by Oldvideotech » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm

We received an email from Amazon earlier this week (content below) that has advised us that Openbay will not link to Amazon from the 25th! Trying to talk to the Openbay Pro team is almost impossible, but they did reply saying the statement is incorrect and they will contact Amazon. But no feedback so far. A big problem for us, so we have no alternative but to look for an alternative solution.

"Amazon regularly reviews developers to ensure they are following our data handling policies. Through this review, we have identified that the above mentioned third-party developer is not compliant with our Amazon Service API Developer policies and has not responded to our requests to improve their system.

As a result, they will not be able to maintain access to our API services, and we will deactivate their access on January 25, 2022 which will stop their application from connecting to the Merchant Web Service (MWS) API. This deactivation will disrupt any applications or services you receive from them."

Post by edwinasiedu » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:43 am

I am also having issues with openbay Pro, an alternative will be great.