Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:12 am

All,

I never try to intentionally stir trouble but ....
I purchased an extension years ago and am satisfied with it. It didn't do 100% of what I wanted but it was for certain much better than the OC native function (OC version 2.3.0.2 for reference if people wish to know). In fact if there is another extension that does what this one does, and as well as it does, I'd buy the other one.
When testing php version 8 it started to quit working, fair enough, but when I started to look into it further I see it is "encoded" with ioncube. In fact if my memory serves I would say I read that when I purchased the extension.

But now as I age I'm a little less trusting so that brings me to the question... Isn't using ioncube against policy?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 am

Hi Mike-

Yes, technically it is against the OpenCart marketplace policy to use IonCube. However, they don't monitor extensions, and I'm not sure how strict they are with that policy. (I would still advise against it though, since you never know what an encoded extension is doing.)

Please report the extension to the OpenCart team, and they'll take appropriate action:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact

Hope that helps

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator