Post by PeteS160 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 am

Hello, I am new to Opencart but I have done a great deal of searching for an extension that was designed to work with the Route shipping protection insurance but have come up with nothing. I understand that Opencart is by no means a mainstream software and that Route insurance has only been gaining in popularity over the last couple of years but I feel like an extension for this would be beneficial for a large part of the community. Route provides some very well written guides on how their API can be implemented and I'm sure someone that was experienced with Opencart could use these instructions to add it to their own site.....but an extension would be far more beneficial for everyone.

Here is a link to the Route website https://route.com/merchants, if your not familiar with Route, basically its a way to simplify shipping insurance while also lowering the cost to insure a package. It removes the burden of trying to track down a lost package for a customer yourself. The customer is able to get a resolution with Route far easier and faster then you as a seller would be able to.... meaning its one less thing you have to worry about. It also much cheaper than typically shipping insurance with places like USPS.

So what I'm wondering is if someone has already made an extension for this or if someone would be willing to create one that allowed it to be easily integrated?

Post by thekrotek » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:56 pm

This service is indeed new and not very common, so I doubt anybody will create an extension for it by himself. But if you're willing to invest, you can speed up the development.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member