Post by nikolay.raychev » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 am

Hello OpenCart,

I'm trying to make a fresh install of OpenCart 3.0.2.0. I'm getting the following error on "3/4 Configuration" step:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'my-user-name'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
in /home/my-install-path/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli
in /home/my-install-path/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli
in /home/my-install-path/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: mysql
in /home/my-install-path/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280Notice: Trying to get property of non-object
in /home/my-install-path/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280

I'm 100% sure that the DB name, user name, password are correct. The DB user have all possible rights to the DB.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Maybe the port? It is 3306 which was pre-filled. I have no idea where in cPanel I can see the port used to connect to the MySQL databases.

Post by luke213 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:34 am

Not sure if this applies, but I also got an error on fresh installs of this current version though not upgrades. But from what I can recall I clicked through and the install went fine. From what I recall it was a DB error before actually putting in the proper DB info, which made me think the code was a little mixed though the end result was functional.

So if possible try clicking through and it should work if it's the same issue I had.

Luke

Post by shammians » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/glomarts/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/glomarts/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/glomarts/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in /home/glomarts/public_html/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/glomarts/public_html/install/controller/install/step_3.php on line 280