Post by GBird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi,
I get an error message from the local host when trying to install v3 on xampp v7

"Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/log.php on line 22"

I loaded the upload file on xampp in htdocs, created database in phpmyadmin, then when i go to localhost/(filename of upload contents)/ to start the install, i get the above message.

Can anyone see where I am going wrong, as I am new this and probably have made a rookie mistake.

Thank You

this is the full warning
"
Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/log.php on line 22

Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to create the cache directory (/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/storage/cache/02). in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/template/Twig/Cache/Filesystem.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/template/Twig/Environment.php(400): Twig_Cache_Filesystem->write('/Applications/X...', '<?php\n\n/* commo...') #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/template/twig.php(33): Twig_Environment->loadTemplate('common/footer.t...') #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/template.php(51): Template\Twig->render('common/footer', true) #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/engine/loader.php(125): Template->render('common/footer', true) #4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/install/controller/common/footer.php(10): Loader->view('common/footer', Array) #5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/engine/action.php( in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/template/Twig/Cache/Filesystem.php on line 62
Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/storage/session//sess_19b73ecc4478ef985cb908b081): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 29
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/log.php on line 31
Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 31
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/log.php on line 31
Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 33
Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 35
Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 37
Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/session/file.php on line 39

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 am

"Warning: fopen(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/opencart/system/library/log.php on line 22"
Check the folder permissions for the logs and cache folder.

For some reason it cannot write in the log.php file nor cannot write cache files.

Location - Worldwide

Post by GBird » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:34 pm

SOLVED.

Thank you, rjcalifornia, that worked perfectly.
Apologies for the very late response.

Post by WickedToneProduction » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi,
I have installed Opencart and Xampp today and I also have this error.

Would you mind to elaborate on how I can check these files?

I am on MacOs Mojave, Opencart 3.0.3.6 and Xampp 7.4.8-0

Thank you in advance for your time.

Location - Thailand

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm

WickedToneProduction wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:37 pm
Hi,
I have installed Opencart and Xampp today and I also have this error.

Would you mind to elaborate on how I can check these files?

I am on MacOs Mojave, Opencart 3.0.3.6 and Xampp 7.4.8-0

Thank you in advance for your time.
The logs folder have incorrect permissions:

http://docs.opencart.com/en-gb/administration/security/

In general, files should be 644 and folders 755

Location - Worldwide