Post by thomas.huerlimann » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 am

Hi all

I have a opencart version 2.1.0.1 that i want to upgrade to 3.2.0.2.

I follow the upgrade.txt within the OpenCart archive.

2. Download the latest version of OpenCart and upload ALL new files on top of your current install EXCEPT your config.php and admin/config.php. If you are up to date with the last recent version and want to find just the new files that have changed since the last version, you can follow this guide to create a smaller changes-only patch. But for most, the full opencart zip will suffice.

3. Browse to http://<yourstore.com>/install Replacing <yourstore.com> with your actual site (and subdirectory if applicable).

4. You should see the OpenCart Upgrade script.
- If you see the OpenCart Install page, then that means you overwrote your config.php files. Restore them from your backup first. Then try again.

And that is what i see in the browser if i open the /install-page:

Code: Select all

Notice: Error: Could not load template <path>/install/view/template/common/header! in <path>\system\storage\modification\system\engine\loader.php on line 86
This is what i get if i open the root page:

Code: Select all

Server Error: 500
[09-Aug-2019 18:30:19 Europe/Zurich] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant DIR_STORAGE - assumed 'DIR_STORAGE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <path>\system\startup.php on line 70
Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Best regards
Tom

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:27 am

If I understand you correctly .. this is what you have followed and it is not applicable to upgrading from OC2 to OC3

2. Download the latest version of OpenCart and upload ALL new files on top of your current install EXCEPT your config.php and admin/config.php.
If you are up to date with the last recent version and want to find just the new files that have changed since the last version,
you can follow this guide to create a
smaller changes-only patch
. But for most, the full opencart zip will suffice.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by thomas.huerlimann » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 am

Hi Mona

Thanks for your reply.

This is what the upgrade.txt contains for upgrades for version 1.5 or newer. Or let us say, this is how i understand the instructions.

2. Download the latest version of OpenCart and upload ALL new files on top of your current install EXCEPT your config.php and admin/config.php.

Do i missunderstand something?

Basicially the install.txt refers to the upgrade.txt and this is the information i follow.

Best regards
Tom

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 am

There are companies that will do this for you - you can post in the commercial section

but I found this ..
viewtopic.php?t=186712
(and do a FULL DB BACKUP in phpadmin with table structure and keep it very safe)

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by litextension » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:41 am

Hi,

It's common to face problems regarding the incompatibility between the database and the new version's code when upgrading. I suggest you install a completely new OC 3.2 site and find a tool to migrate data to.

In terms of data migration tool, we, LitExtension provide an automated tool to migrate your data from OpenCart 2.x to 3.x. We are the world leading company in this field. So, in case you need help, our support agents are available via live chat for you: http://bit.ly/2MTvloi. We look forward to serving you !

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Visit us at: https://litextension.com

Post by crisaneugen » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Hello,
I am also trying to upgrade from 2.3.0.X to latest version of OC3 and i get this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load template adaptor !' in /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/library/template.php:28 Stack trace: #0 /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php(81): Template->__construct(NULL) #1 /home/bufnitel/public_html/install/controller/common/header.php(14): Loader->view('common/header', Array) #2 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #3 /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php(24): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #5 /home/bufnitel/public_html/install/controller/upgrade/upgrade.php(28): Loader->controller('common/header') #6 [internal function]: ControllerUpgradeUpgrade->index() #7 /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(51): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #8 /home/bufnitel/public_html/syst in /home/bufnitel/public_html/system/library/template.php on line 28

Have no idea why this happens...or what else to try.

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:50 pm

After 3.x upload over 2.3.x, go to System->config-->catalog.php and change: $_['template_engine'] = 'twig'; in to $_['template_engine'] = 'php'; and refresh.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România