Post by Rabid » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 am

As the title states, I'm trying to move a few sites from one host to another. I've read a load of guides and done everything which I can see there including duplicating databases, moving storage folders and the files from the hosting over - every step I get a confirmation that everything worked but when I go to the new site I just get a few lines of code appearing in the browser, as below... Am I missing one important step or process? This one site is on 3.0.3.1 but I have a couple others to move on 3.0.3.2 and one still running on a version of 2 and I'd like to figure this out on the site which isn't "important" before I move over the other, actual live money generating ones... This particular site is at http://heavenstyledcustoms.com

Code: Select all

<?php
// Version
define('VERSION', '3.0.3.1');

// Configuration
if (is_file('config.php')) {
	require_once('config.php');
}

// Install
if (!defined('DIR_APPLICATION')) {
	header('Location: install/index.php');
	exit;
}

// Startup
require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . 'startup.php');

start('catalog');

Post by OSWorX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:03 pm

I've read a load of guides and done everything ..
For example?

And if you see code like this (currently only a white blank page, source code shows something like

Code: Select all

<!--?php
// Version
define('VERSION', '3.0.3.1');
and so on ..-->
Have you php installed and enabled?
Or did you edited this file?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Rabid » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:17 pm

I used phpmyadmin to export the database from the old host and then imported it into the new host. I used filezilla ftp to download the entire contents of the old site then uploaded everything to the new host, I also made a point of getting the storage directory and uploaded that, then I went through the config files both in root and admin and edited them to match the files I got from a brand new installation on the new host, edited to reflect the different database names and details and file locations.
PHP is installed and enabled by default, I've had the most reliable results with v 7.2 which is the version set up on the test site i set up to make sure i got the paths etc correct in the config files.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Who are you hosting with? Most every host should handle the transfer for you unless you have a complex situation which is somewhat rare.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by johnp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:19 pm

I'll second that. My host migrates sites in as part of the package.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK