Post by matthewbaynham » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:44 pm

Version 3.0.3.2

On a fresh installation after step 3, I get a blank page.

This is not a duplicate of other similar posts because I've check the tables that have been created in the back end.

When I look at phpMyAdmin there are 136 tables. When I look at install/opencart.sql I haven't counted the tables but the last table created in that file is oc_zone_to_geo_zone and this is also in my phpMyAdmin, as well as the last row of data that install/opencart.sql creates. (Note: Different prefix.)

I don't know what the next step of the installation process runs is but something after this has crashed.

So if the tables have successfully been created what could the problem be?

Post by letxobnav » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:47 pm

check your error logs first.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by matthewbaynham » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:59 pm

I looked in system/storage/logs/error.log

There was nothing in the logs from today, just a few entries from a few days ago when I got the password wrong.

What does the installation do after it has created the tables?

Post by letxobnav » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:07 pm

your php error log

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by matthewbaynham » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:19 pm

I have no idea what this error means...

[Thu Nov 07 11:07:08.499096 2019] [php7:error] [pid 21480] [client 127.0.0.1:56428] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Error: Variable 'sql_mode' can't be set to the value of 'MYSQL40'<br />Error No: 1231<br />SET @@session.sql_mode = 'MYSQL40' in /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/library/db/mysqli.php:40\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/library/db.php(45): DB\\MySQLi->query('SET @@session.s...')\n#1 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/install/model/install/install.php(35): DB->query('SET @@session.s...')\n#2 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/engine/loader.php(248): ModelInstallInstall->database(Array)\n#3 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array)\n#4 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/install/controller/install/step_3.php(11): Proxy->__call('database', Array)\n#5 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerInstallStep3->index()\n#6 /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3 in /home/matthew/lampstack-7.3.11-0/apache2/htdocs/shoes/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 40, referer: http://localhost:8080/shoes/install/ind ... all/step_3

Post by letxobnav » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

[opencart directory]/install/model/install/install.php
change

Code: Select all

$db->query("SET @@session.sql_mode = 'MYSQL40'");
to

$db->query("SET @@session.sql_mode = ''");

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by CrazyIvanTR » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:00 am

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm
[opencart directory]/install/model/install/install.php
change

$db->query("SET @@session.sql_mode = 'MYSQL40'");
to

$db->query("SET @@session.sql_mode = ''");
Encountered this error 4 years later. A fix should be in order by now...

Anyway, after I changed this I still got a blank page on my store. Which was due to a zero date being sent by the store to the database. Setting sql_mode in the database config was not enough because opencart is setting this on line 15 with

$this->connection->query("SET SESSION sql_mode = 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'");
under "<PATH_TO_OPENCART>/system/library/db/mysqli.php". After removing the "NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE," from this parameter, the store is now working.