Post by GaiaBudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Hello, getting ready to start uploading everything to my host server via filezilla, and I am just confused about two things in regards to the install document.

When it says: "Rename config-dist.php to config.php and admin/config-dist.php to admin/config.php"
inside the admin folder, it only says "config-dist.php" do i rename it to "admin/config.php" or just as "config.php" as it explains to do with the first config file you need to rename?

also, do i need to change any of the folders or files mentioned permission's to 0755 or 0777 when using filezilla, or does that only imply to when using your own linux/windows server?

thanks in advance for the assistance, and sorry for all the support threads i have been making, some of the things i have concerns about just do not seem explained clear enough in my opinion.

Post by kestas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:53 pm

GaiaBudz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 pm
Hello, getting ready to start uploading everything to my host server via filezilla, and I am just confused about two things in regards to the install document.
When it says: "Rename config-dist.php to config.php and admin/config-dist.php to admin/config.php"
inside the admin folder, it only says "config-dist.php" do i rename it to "admin/config.php" or just as "config.php" as it explains to do with the first config file you need to rename?
rename in main folder "config-dist.php" to "config.php" open admin folder you'll find "config-dist.php" and also rename "config-dist.php" to "config.php"

also, do i need to change any of the folders or files mentioned permission's to 0755 or 0777 when using filezilla, or does that only imply to when using your own linux/windows server?
Just try to install, if you will get warning regarding permission try to change it.

thanks in advance for the assistance, and sorry for all the support threads i have been making, some of the things i have concerns about just do not seem explained clear enough in my opinion.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by GaiaBudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:56 pm

kestas wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:53 pm
GaiaBudz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 pm
rename in main folder "config-dist.php" to "config.php" open admin folder you'll find "config-dist.php" and also rename "config-dist.php" to "config.php"
Just try to install, if you will get warning regarding permission try to change it.
Would it be fine to just change the permissions in the required files and folders anyway, just as a precaution in case I end up having to anyway? Or would that potentially mess something up and cause me to have to tedious go back and overwrite them with the original preset permissions? Because if that is fine to do, then i am just going to do that so I don't have to potentially do so later

Post by kestas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm

By default should work like is. In my practice, I have never had to change this permissions.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by GaiaBudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:26 pm

kestas wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm
By default should work like is. In my practice, I have never had to change this permissions.
Fair enough, it just was not exactly clear if it was referring to if required when using a linux or windows server, or a host server, or both. I guess just in case for whatever reason my host's server requires those permissions be set I will anyway, can't see why that would hurt anything those permission changes seem pretty standard when using php based software.

thanks for the help, and the clarity.