Post by teddave » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:28 pm

oc 3.0.3.2

hi - having successfully installed my first three OC sites, ive hit a run of unsuccessful installations, all to the same (media temple) server.

my two most recent attempts (at separate addresses) have led me to

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/nfs/c01/h03/mnt/SERVER/domains/DOMAIN/storage/logs/): failed to open stream: Is a directory in /nfs/c01/h03/mnt/SERVER/domains/DOMAIN/html/system/library/log.php on line 22Error: A theme has not been assigned to this store!
at DOMAIN and

Code: Select all

No match for Username and/or Password
at the DOMAIN/admin

Both those attempts required a minor correction to 1004.php during the installation, a manual move of 'storage' to shift issues during install and the addition of 'en-gb' to the database to resolve 'no language installed'.

I've amended cookie setting as per here
viewtopic.php?p=680870#p680870

but feel my problem is something more systemic

I'm poor with php but my first three successes led me to press on.

I've reviewed many of the solutions offered on the forums for either/or errors thinking if I could fix one it might move me along. An attempt to add a new user failed on my first install.

Having succeeded in the past I've been pretty determined to resolve this whilst learning but I feel my three weeks in covid purgatory is enough. If only I could fathom where I've been going wrong (I've tried five installs now!) and how I managed to get it right at the end of last year each time. I suspect my nose is now pressed too hard against the window now, so any suggestions gratefully recd.

tks ted

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:48 pm

Both those attempts required a minor correction to 1004.php during the installation, a manual move of 'storage' to shift issues during install
Of course, so to add, this part is already covered in the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782 .

If you require assistance to install Opencart on your server, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly, to get this done as a custom job.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON