Post by DSamaiya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi,

I recently upgraded my hosting to VPS to accomodate more traffic to my store. Everything was smooth but after migration to new server I am unable to access my admin area. Whenever I try to open admin page it redirects to store front with message "The page you requested cannot be found!"

I checked on my server, the admin directory is there and has all the same content as my last server, It is working smothly on old hosting but not opening in new one.

Please help me resolve this.
Thanks

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Check if htaccess is missing or config from admin folder.

OC 2.3.0.2 | OC 3.0.3.6 | Extensions converted by me | Buy me a beer


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Also ensure your server paths matches your new server settings in your config.php and admin/config.php files. See this post about it: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560 .

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by DSamaiya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:57 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 pm
Check if htaccess is missing or config from admin folder.
Both are present on server.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by DSamaiya » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 pm

straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Also ensure your server paths matches your new server settings in your config.php and admin/config.php files. See this post about it: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560 .
My store front is working without any issues. Only admin is not opening. Hosting provider said, it has something to do with rewrites. I dont understand what that is.

Please help me resolve this. Config.php and .htaccess are in place and have exactly the same content as was on the last server.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Contact me on Skype and I will help you.

OC 2.3.0.2 | OC 3.0.3.6 | Extensions converted by me | Buy me a beer


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:35 pm
Location - România

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 pm

DSamaiya wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 pm
straightlight wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Also ensure your server paths matches your new server settings in your config.php and admin/config.php files. See this post about it: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=198781&p=699560#p699560 .
My store front is working without any issues. Only admin is not opening. Hosting provider said, it has something to do with rewrites. I dont understand what that is.

Please help me resolve this. Config.php and .htaccess are in place and have exactly the same content as was on the last server.
In addition to the above, you could always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact a reliable Opencart Partner by using the Resources link from the top of the site to resolved this issue.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests